Thursday, December 27, 2007

Another slow day. My file cabinet arrived this afternoon, but I procrastinated before doing any really cleaning. For the entire day, I managed to accomplish dealing with the mounds on the futon. With only about 4 days left I really need to get on the ball. I really need to end this vacation as if I accomplished something...anything. Unfortunately, I seem to be slipping into my old pattern. Tomorrow, I need to finish with the living room.

Schedule change. I think I will make Saturday and Sunday my school work days. One day for lesson planning and the other day for grading assignments and (at least starting) progress reports. Going clothes shopping is no longer a main priority. I'm even thinking about going shopping the following Saturday, not this coming Saturday.

Let's see what else.

I just ordered the complete BBC series of "The Office" from Amazon.com.

I need to go food shopping. I'm out of the staples as well as running low on Healthy Choice Meals.

Tomorrow (hopefully after I finish with the mounds of paper), I will cut up the box the file cabinet came in. I was planning to go to Pearl Paint on Canal Street to see if they sold thick paper for arts and crafts projects. For the bulletin board, I want my students to make macaroni frames, but the teacher store in Brooklyn didn't have thick enough paper. I'll just cut up the box for the frames. I would like to still go the Pearl Paint to see how much gold paint would cost -- the teacher's store in Brooklyn didn't have that either.

Finally, I was given a web site URL -- Thanks Max! The URL lets Bloggers and other types of homepages be checked for the reading level of the site. I was curious, but I should have known better.

So, what is the reading level of this blog page? And indirectly, what is the writing ability of the writer of this blog page?

Well, when I was in college, an associate professor (or was it a professor's assistant) told me (then) that I wrote like I was still in elementary school. Apparently, nothing's changed.




Post Date - Friday, December 28, 2007 12:00AM

No comments: