Monday, December 10, 2007

Today was a bit of a crazy and tiring day. I arrived at school to find out that both 3rd grade teachers would be absent today. And in the very next breath, AP1 told me that I would be getting half of Across the Hall's kids. Somehow, she must have miss counted because I ended up with all (yes, all) of Across the Hall's kids. In total, I had 31 kids in my classroom all day. To make me feel better about the situation, I was given a second prep period today (Gym). Having Gym gave me something to hold over the few wild ones heads from both classes. All in all, the day turned out okay. Luckily, the headaches from both rooms were not in top form today. Although after lunch, things started to fall apart, but not by much. And again, having a second prep helped out a lot!!! AP1 also offered to reward the students with pizza or (Dunkin Donuts). That also was a big help!

My goal for today was to be out of the building by 5PM. I decided on Sunday, that I would try to resume rowing for this week, then start at the gym next week. Speaking of Sunday, I really don't need to type anything, just take any previous (Sunday) blog entry, and substitute the date. After sleeping away Saturday, I wanted to go to the teacher's store in Brooklyn. I wanted to by some gold paint for the next bulletin board project. I wanted my students to make macaroni frames to go with their character sketches. Of course, I can never just get one thing there. I ended buying yellow paint -- No gold paint. No matter, I remember buying gold paint and it looking like mustard yellow. So, I settled for a light yellow. I also bought a can of gold glitter. And: mini glue bottles (two 12 packs), large 16oz bottle of glue, heavy duty tag board, book (Portfolio Assessments with reproducibles), and a box of yellow chalk. I spent about $50. As I was about to leaving, I remembered my Spanish student who speaks almost no English (she's only been in the US for about 2 months). I went to the ESL section and was able to find some reproducible books. I spent about another $30 on the Spanish student. I left about $80 poorer. I went to Wendy's for a late lunch.

Back to today. I was out of the building about 5:30PM. I managed to arrive on time to catch the 6:03PM MN train. I was home about 6:20PM. Nice. I managed to wash the bathtub and fill up the tub. I was on my rowing machine for about 40 minutes. I then relaxed in the tub for about 40 minutes. After a short nap, I was up. I wasn't hungry, so I settled for a bowl of frosted mini wheats and a 4 pack of Jello cups.

Hopefully, I will have a repeat performance in terms of rowing, soaking and feeling relaxed.

Wt. 200.4lbs. / BMI 33.3%


Post Date - Monday, December 10, 2007 10:40PM

No comments: