Saturday, December 15, 2007

I just finished shopping.....online. I spent about $115 (including the service fee) for several Healthy Choice Meals and Weight Watcher Meals. How about the last few days? The last couple of days have been a bit stressed and tiring. Quick (and I do mean quick) recap.

Thursday. I was supposed to have two parents come because they are concerned about their daughters (Cackler and Beady Betty[now TT - Temper-tantrum Tina]). Double no show. TT's father did show up to pick his daughter up early from after-school. He told me that his wife couldn't come because of the weather (snow and slush). I was able to vent a bit to the father about how TT has been throwing temper tantrums and not working to her full potential. The father told me that he and his wife are doing their best with her and will continue to stay on her.

The very next day??????

TT gives me a letter from her father stating that she "should be given the opportunity to go on the field trip" that I had already said she could not go on.

That's supportive!?!?!

Cackler now at her new seat at table one, made the Spanish girl cry by tauting the Spanish girl for copying. The sad part is that the Spanish girl who has to learn English with simple English words is probably smarter than Cackler. I eventually found out that mom did speak to Cackler about my conversation with her, and that she (Cackler) would have to behave if she wanted her lunch bag back. That's supportive...I guess.

Thursday left the school about 7PM. I was so tired that I fell asleep within minutes of arriving home...clothes and all. Friday, both of the other 3rd grade classes were suppose to go on a trip to see a show. Both managed to get almost 100% payment from their students for the trip, but since I didn't do the hard sell, I only got about 7 kids who paid. Tantrum Tina and Mouth had paid, but Hell would have frozen over if those two left the building. And footprints of the damned trampled across my dead body. Sorry. Anyway, the trip was canceled because the bus never showed and the train pass authorization did not come through in time. Lucky me. The deal with the trip was that my (good) kids who paid would go, and the ones from both classes that would not go would stay with me. The trip was rescheduled for this coming Friday.

Well, let my end this entry for now. I almost forgot. I am currently fighting a cold. Hopefully, I will not be hinder this weekend to at least do some lesson planning, paper grading, and prep. work.


Post Date - Saturday, December 15, 2007 10:00AM

No comments: