Saturday, December 29, 2007


Another day fairly wasted. I started off my Saturday by doing online grocery shopping. Most of my day was spent shuffling papers, creating one pile after another. For the last few days, I've been trying to clean up my living room, but it still looks just as bad as the first day. Today, I went through my papers (creating 3 lawn-size bags of trash), but my living room still has paper piles all over the place. I did throw out a lot of papers. I also found papers (and other items), like my high school transcript, one of the certificates from the summer course that up until now, I thought I'd never received it. I also found about $95 in gift certificates from 1996(the GAP). When I did my interning (and later I stayed as an assistant teacher), the school was located in midtown were the parents had a bit of spending money. Since I was a male teacher, the parents didn't know what to buy for me, so I got gifts certificates (Barnes & Nobles, The GAP, etc....).

My groceries arrived about 2:30PM. At that time, the post person delivered my order from Amazon.com. I ordered the complete series of the BBC series "The Office". Wow, that was fast. Since I was tackling paper piles, I did not open the Office DVD.

Finally, I got around to ordering my emergency backpack from the Red Cross. They say that everyone should have an emergency pack by the door just in case. Cleaning up, I found the newspaper article that I'd cut from the Daily News Wednesday, June 21, 2006. I bought 2 (one for home and one for work). If a disaster strikes, I will be in one of those two places. Once the packs arrive, I'll need to put photocopies of my important documents, then I leave the pack by the front door, and hopefully, I'll never have to use one. I attached a photo of the backpack and the items included. Below is the website address (sorry the hyperlink isn't working). You'll have to copy and paste into the address bar). The only thing I don't like about the backpack the the redcross logo. In an emergency, people would mistake me for a redcross worker. Knowing me, I'll probably end up giving away all of my supplies before I get a chance to use them. I think I might change the backpack or cover up the logo.

www.nyredcross.org/store

Well, I better go, it is getting late.


Post Date - Sunday, December 30, 2007 12:32AM

No comments: