Tuesday, January 01, 2008

I just finished updating my other website. Recently while cleaning up I came across some old paperwork that gave me the idea that I should update the old website with current photos. Just in case. :)

I added two pages to the old website, each page is for the previous year and this current school year. The 2006~2007 year page has 20 photos of my bulletin boards over the school year, but also the photos that I took of my classroom in June. The current school year page only has about 4 photos (those have already been posted on this blog site). Yes, I know the site is a bit of a mess from the "add ons" over the years, However, for those that have suggested in the past that I should just overhaul the whole site, I have not forgotten. I will do it...eventually.

I posted here one of the photos of a bulletin board that I did last year. I don't think I've posted it here before.

Well, I better go. I've pretty much run out the clock on this vacation. Now, I think I will cut my hair and relax in the bath. Then, I'll need to iron my clothes for tomorrow, pack my granny cart for tomorrow, then try to relax. A part of me is dreading the return, but another part is looking forward to the return. I am a worker at heart. I'm not a good teacher (satisfactory yes, but not good [at least not yet]), however, I am a very hard worker.

So what about tomorrow, well that is my official start of the "Me Year". With a two-week lesson plan:

Goal #1 - No more filling up the granny cart for hefty trips of unproductive through the mass-transit system only to leave the materials untouched at the door, only to drag the back breaking cart back through the mass-transit system.

Goal #2 - Lesson planning in the classroom not at home. Or at least main planning done in the classroom leaving the detailed planning for home. Remember new goals shouldn't start cold turkey. As long as I am not carrying 20 or 30lbs up and down several subway stairways and in (and over) turnstiles, I'll be happy.

Goal #3 - Making 5PM my quitting time (Monday through Thursday). 6PM on Fridays.

Goal #4 - Learning to relax more. Trying to not have the urge to finish everything even though knowing it will not be finished(and then stressing about it).

Goal #5 - Not letting things pile up (physically as well as mentally) to the point my mind just goes blank.

Goal #6 - To the gym at least 4 times per week. With rowing taking care of the other days. I am going to trying allowing myself a day off from going to the gym, so if I miss a day, I'll just call it my day off. If I miss another day, then I will use the weekend for a make-up day...I hope.

I better stop here. I was not planning to ....

Oh, and Goal #7 - limiting my blog entries to 30 minutes or less. I think I'll need to buy a timer to help me with this goal.

Oh, and I should also add Goal #8 - getting a grip on my spending habits.

Anyway, I need to stop here. I wasn't planning on writing goals. I think I will cut and paste these goals and print them. I think I will need to be looking at these as a reminder. I will try adding a time limit to my goals.

For now, the above goals are only good for the period of January 2nd until January 31st. Starting tomorrow I will tape up a single page of the extra large calendar that I was wondering what to do with. Now, it will be my goal calendar. I will only tape up one month at a time, knowing me, seeing the extra months will only stress me out. I will post my goals next to it.

Hopefully, this will be the "NEW [ME] YEAR".


Post Date - Tuesday, January 1, 2008 5:25PM

No comments: