Sunday, January 06, 2008

Nine Resolutions, and I broke eight of them within four days. Strange, I am not as upset as I would have been in the past. The purpose of the resolutions was to give me a focus in the new year, not really a sudden transformation. I was a bit disappointed, but nothing major, no binging on a pint of Haagen Daz. I just told myself that I will just start again on Monday. I hated the idea of spending the $100 on a personal trainer, but I am glad I did. Without the trainer "expecting me there", I probably would have an excuse for not going to the gym. I have 3 more sessions with the trainer, then I am on my own. The real test will come when I am on my own.

This weekend. I slept Saturday away. Thursday evening, I went to bed at about 2:30AM, so I was very tired when I did my workout on Friday with the trainer after a full day in school. On Saturday, I did some corrections of the students' writing. Yes, I am still doing that character sketch project. Mainly, due to my disorganization. Somehow, I went from an almost complete set of 15 (two students were absent) to about 6 or 7 completed and typed writing assignments.

Today, I was a bit productive, but not by much. I did about 4 loads of laundry. Now, that I am attending the gym, my dirty clothes pile has increased. I have a trainer that does not seem to mind getting close to her clients, even when I am sweating up a storm. Being a bit self-conscious, I get a bit nervous when I am working out and my trainer doesn't seem to mind getting close. She evens likes helping me with my stretches (before, after, and even during the workout). After the laundry, I ate dinner (Weight Watchers - Beef Steamer) with a cup of microwavable rice, and a couple of honey on wheat bread sandwiches. I then finally got around to cleaning my bedroom. There was enough dust to choke a horse. I was tempted to take a photo, but I decided against embarrassing myself. Since I was in a cleaning mood, I also tackled half of the bathroom.

I just took a break from completing this blog entry to buy some online flowers. One of my colleague's husband died last week sometime. Although I put in $10 into the collection, I wanted to do a little more. A spouse is different from a grandmother or distant relative you hardly see.

Well, it is past Midnight...again. Not a good start to the work week. I should have gotten in bed much earlier. On Friday, I left school at about 5pm to be able to make my gym appointment, but I left my classroom a bit of a mess. I did not even put up the schedule for Monday. I hope this is not going to be an indication of the type of week I am going to have. I do know that I will have to finish my bulletin board tomorrow. I also know that the first Monday will mean a faculty meeting. I hope tomorrow won't be a crazy, stressed-full day.


Post Date - Sunday, January 7, 2008 11:59PM

No comments: