Monday, July 05, 2010

This and That

A New Diet
Starting tomorrow (I hope), I will be starting a new diet. I'm going to try a liquid diet. Originally, I saw a news report about a liquid diet. When I visited the site, they had a 3 day diet plan that cost $58 per day. I actually considered it, but considering my financial situation at the moment (college, credit cards, etc...), I changed my mind. I decided to buy a juicer, and try making my own juices. The plan is to try 3 ~ 7 days of a liquid diet. I also joined up for 8 lessons in rowing. I also have my unused membership to the local YMCA (due to expire in November).

Reading
I recently finished reading, "Star Trek Voyager - Unworthy". I'm not sure what novel I'll start with for my summer reading. Over the past few months of feeling a bit stressed, I'm been buying and collecting books, but not reading them. On my bookshelf at the moment are the following possible choices for my summer reading:

The Wonderful Wizard of Oz by L. Frank Baum
2 of 3 books from the boxset of Rick Riordan's Percy Jackson & the Olympians
Book 2 - The Sea of Monsters
Book 3 - The Titan's Curse
2 of 3 books from the second boxset of Terry Goodkind's "Sword of Truth"
Book 5 - Soul of The Fire
Book 6 - Faith of the Fallen
Book Five of The Age of Fire "Dragon Rule E. E. Knight
Legends of the Dragonrealm by Richard A. Knaak
Into A Dark Realm by Raymond E. Feist
Ananzi Boys by Neil Gaiman
The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown

Recent comic book purchases:
Incredible Hulk #610
Hulk #23 "Who is the Red Hulk?"
Brightest Day #2 "Dead Sea King"
Brightest Day #3 "Why Have They Returned?"
Brightest Day - Green Lantern Corps #49
Amazing Spider-man #621
The Invincible Iron-Man #27
Avengers #2
Fantastic Four #580

Jigsaw Puzzles
I keep saying I would try to complete one, but I have yet to try. I just had a thought of modifying my social networking group to include jigsaw puzzles. I have this felt roll that would let me transport incomplete jigsaw puzzles.

Social Networking
I will be trying to plan activities during this summer that will force me to learn to socialize more and try meeting new people.

Well, I think that is about it for now.

4 comments:

Jeff said...

Well it's good to see you back amongst the living as well! You've got some great summer goals in place already. I'm trying to scramble while still trying to take it easy after the surgery which robbed a bit more of my summer than what I'd planned. I now fear trying to do too much too soon. This week should be interesting.

I always wished I'd gone out for the crew team at Purdue while I was there. You'll have to let me know how the rowing thing turns out.

I know all too well what it's like to have unread books laying around. I have an eternal stack waiting to be read.

Jeff said...

Oh and I have to tell you, speaking of Invincible Iron Man, I just finished reading the entire run all the way up through #27 while I was laid up last week. I had won a big hardback book containing #1-19 through a podcast sweepstakes (woohooo!) and so then I bought up the rest of the issues and read them all within a span of two days. Great story!

I read those books, the first four volumes of Scalped (depressing but great), as well as a book by Michael Chabon (Werewolves in Their Youth) and about 3/4 of East of Eden--still working on that one. I read a lot, but this was a lot even for me.

Jannx said...

Hello Jeff. You seem to be making a nice recovery from your surgery, I'm glad. Just remember to take things easy even when you are feeling 100% better. I have a bad habit of immediately returning to regular physical routines after an injury, and end up reinjuring myself.

I'll keep you informed about the rowing lessons.

Jannx said...

Oh, and congratulations of the podcast win, that Iron Man book sounds like a very nice prize to win.