Wednesday, August 31, 2011

A bit of a set back...

I went to bed about 1am.  I woke up about 5am.  I couldn't go back to sleep until about 7am.  I got up about 10am.  It is now 12noon.  I should have been at school about 4 hours ago.  I won't be at work until about 2:45pm (the earliest).  And I have my first evening class for this semester.  I was suppose to have been done with all my heavy lifting and moving yesterday.  But now, I'll either have to wait until the other teachers arrive after tomorrow, Friday, or even after Labor Day.  Yes, there are teachers who won't do an ounce more than legally required...if at all.  Or, ...I will have to go to my classroom and remove all of the fourth grade materials (student textbooks, and test prep materials, etc...), go through my things to remove 2nd and 3rd grade materials.  Since the other two 4th grade teachers already have their things, they will not be taking any extra materials.  In other words, there won't be anyone to come pick up the 4th grade materials.  The materials will probably have to be taken to one of the book closets on another floors (of course).  I'll probably have to be the one to go up to the third floor and go through the contents of the unpacked 6th grade classroom to find the 6th grade materials, and then bring them down to my room.  Then, pack away those materials.  And after all that is done, figure out what I'll be should be teaching sixth graders.

Oh, and can I do this before 4:30pm and not sweat up a storm.  I would prefer not going to my first class of the semester stinking to high heaven.

I better stop procrastinating.  I have work to do.

No comments: