Sunday, August 21, 2011

A Visit to the Queens Museum


The view of the Unisphere from the Queens Museum

Another short blog entry.  Tomorrow my plan is to start going through the books I brought home for planning purposes.  Since I'll be teaching 4th grade when school resumes in about two weeks, I want to make sure I have some clear understanding about the materials.  Now, what I need to do is to start slowly readjusting to a work schedule.  Hopefully, I will be able to set aside a few hours each day next week for planning purposes.  I want to be able to focus on getting my classroom together the following week.  For those who have been reading this blog for several years will see a very unfortunate pattern of procrastination and poor planning at the beginning of each school year.  I really want this year to be different.  Now, a quick summary about today before I call it a night.

Today was a nice day.  I didn't do any exercising.  Lately, I've been thinking about taking a break on the weekends, or at least cutting back on the weekend in terms of exercising.  So without exercising, what did I do?

I participated in a social networking event.  The group went to Queens Museum.  It was a nice event.  I didn't realize until I got there that I probably hadn't been there since I was in elementary school.  After the museum, I went to MacDonald's and bought the Big Mac meal with apple pies.  I think I consumed about 1,630 calories.  After MacDonald's I walked to Grand Central Station to catch a Metro-North train home.  Strange thing though, while walking, I stopped in KFC and ordered a Thigh & Drumstick meal.  I told myself that I was going to be hungry when I got home.  Well in GCS, I stopped by a bakery called Zaro's and ordered a carrot cake with cream cheese frosting to go.  I ate as soon as I got home.  That was 1,810 calories eaten.  In total, in the span of an hour, I had consumed about 4,299 calories. The strange thing is...I'm not the least bit upset.  Well, gotta go.

Wt. 223.2lbs.

No comments: