Sunday, August 21, 2011

Short blog entry.  Today I was feeling the effects of a two hour ride.  I was sore!  I didn't get on my stationary bike today.  I'm going to the museum tomorrow, so I didn't want to push myself.  I slept most of the day.  I went to see my foster father this evening.  Nothing to write about.

Oh, slowly the realization that school resumes soon here in NYC.  As if I didn't need a reminder.  While on the Metro-North train, a girl about 7 or 8 years old gets on the train with two adult women (one with a baby carriage [with baby]).  As they are walking down the aisle, the girl is taking each of the train tickets from the chairs as she is passing.  The tickets are placed on the chairs as proof that the person sitting there has paid.  So what does the woman walking behind the girl say?  "Noo, noo. Don't do that (smiling)".  The girl keeps taking the tickets, and they keep on walking.  No one seemed upset, but in my mind, I was.  I wasn't sure if it was the idea that the girl thought it was cute to take someone that didn't belong to her, or if I was upset that the adult walking behind the girl didn't feel the need to correct the behavior.  Well, moving on.

I started a new book.  Stephen King's Pet Semetary.  I only read Mr. King's introduction and the first 3 pages, so I don't know if I will get into it.  Tomorrow I'm going to the museum, I read a bit more on the train ride to the museum and see if I can enjoy it.  Awhile back, I wanted to buy the Stephen King book "The Dome", but I told myself that I wouldn't buy it until I read another King book cover to cover, just to be sure I would be able to read that book.  We'll see if the sematary holds my interest.

Wt. 219.8lbs.

No comments: