Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Random Thoughts

Hello All.  Yes, it has been a while.  I just finished eating a rather unappealing container of Weight Watchers mint ice cream.  Yuck.  Lately, I've been trying to find substitute foods that taste interesting, but are less in calories (and sugar).  The mint ice cream was a miss.  However, I do like their (so called) Giant Ice Cream Bars.  Two of those bars are usually enough to satisfy my cravings for ice creams.  240 calories for the two bars as oppose to a pint of Ben & Jerry's about 1,000 calories. Oh, and I'm really liking favored seltzer drinks.  They are suppose to (according to the label) have zero calories, no caffeine, zero carbs, and sodium and sugar free.  It tastes like a cheap imitation soda, but it does taste like soda.  Before I discovered these drinks, I was buying liters of ginger ale at the local deli (about 450 calories each). I hope these aren't too good to be true.

Sorry for the lack of postings.  I've been in my usual summer vacation vegetative state.  Not doing much but laying around my very messy apartment.  Today I finally got around to doing the laundry.  It only took me about 7 loads to complete.  Today was also the day I finally did two workouts in a single day.  For the last few days I've only been able to get on my stationary bike once a day.  And sometimes, I didn't even do that.  Long story short, I fell off the exercise bandwagon around the end of July.  Doing a single squat had my knees crunching like a bag of chips.  After that, I've been very stiff in the knees and reluctant to run on them.  So, most of this summer I've been riding my stationary bike off and on, trying to keep up the routine I started the summer with, but with little success.  My weight has been one long inconsistent roller coaster ride.  Finally, the last couple of weeks or so, I've been fairly consistent with getting on my stationary bike at least once a day.  Oh, and I purchased a new digital scale.  With my poor eyesight, I need the larger numbers.  Unfortunately, this new scale is showing that I'm fatter than the old $10 scale.  I went from thinking I was 116lbs. to discovering that the old scale was lying.  On the new digital scale, I was 122lbs.  And I've been yo-yoing around 122lbs for the last couple of weeks.

This evening, I'm now 119.4lbs.  Before the spaghetti dinner and ice cream, I was 116lbs. on the digital scale.  But then, I hadn't had anything but a Power Bar and 16oz of orange juice all day.

I'm going to have to wrap this entry up, so that I can get to bed to get up early enough to do the two rides on my bike.  There were several near blogs I could have written, but since I didn't write notes for myself, I don't remember the details about those blogs.  What I'm going to do now, is just jot down a few random thoughts about some of the things that come to mind.  Hopefully with this blog entry, I will be able to get back into a regular posting routine.

Movies
I went to the movies a few times.  Below are those movies that come to mind at this moment.
Captain America - I liked it.  A bit long, but enjoyable.
Surfs - I should have hated it, but it was cute.
Planet of the Apes - Nice set up for a sequel.  Enjoyable.

Broadway Shows
Wicked - Saw it.  Liked it.  Had to get the book to read it.
Spiderman - I just purchased tickets to see this in a few days.

Exercising - See above.

Reading
Wicked - I read it, but didn't really like it.  It wasn't what I thought it would be.  It tried too hard to appeal to adults.
Star Trek Voyager "Children of the Storm" - I liked it. It does a good job of continuing the series, but in novel form.

New "Neighbor"
Yesterday while chatting online, I met another "neighbor".  After chatting for awhile, we discovered that we live very close by.  How close?  He lives in a building across the street.  Can you believe it, right across the street? 

Shopping
When school resumes in a few weeks, I will be teaching a new grade for the first time.  I have been assigned to teach 4th grade.  Luckily, it is close to the grade I've already been teaching.  Luckily, or not so lucky (I'm not sure which), I will have most of my same students from last (school) year.  Why is this in the "shopping" area?  Somehow, I ended up spending most (if not all) of one of my paychecks on buying copies of 4th grade resource and reproducible books that I already have in 3rd grade.  I wanted to make sure that I didn't fall into my comfort zone.  I also purchased various baskets, for my classroom library, as well as a few other things for my classroom.

I could've rambled on some more, but it is time to end this entry.  Hopefully, I will now be able to start getting good routines down.  Tomorrow, I need to start cleaning my pigsty of an apartment.  I also need to resume posting on LoseIt.com.

No comments: