Monday, August 14, 2006

After Midnight, and I suspect it was Mr. 40+’s ladyfriend ringing the doorbell (which is one bell that rings throughout the first floor), banging on the front door, then again on the back door. I was in the shower at the time. I don’t mind if I am up and available to answer the door. Even so, Am I really being so old fashion to believe that a woman (or a man for that matter) should not be making house calls at midnight?

As for Screamer, she is doing less screaming, which is very nice. Oh, I made a mistake, the cat’s name (the one her boyfriend gave her) is “Kitty” (same as the stray cat that she adopted, but later ran away).

Today, I really was not in a good mood. I did not get out of bed until around 1pm. I ate about 4 bowls of cold cereal for breakfast. I made some iced green tea (no sugar like in Japan).

I received an invitation to go to an evening show tomorrow. What I found interesting about the invitation was that it was one of two on the same day. The first invitation was for drinks and chicken wings to meet and plan a walking trip. I’d told him that I was not comfortable with meeting in the evening. The truth is I am not really a party person. I usually keep to myself. For most of my life, I’ve rarely been out past 9pm. And living here in the Bronx also didn’t help much. About 30 minutes after I took a pass on that invitation, I received another invitation to go see a stage show at 10pm. As soon as I finished my “no thank you” reply, I began to think about how quickly I say no without really thinking or trying new things. So, I decided that I would go to the show. It should be interesting. We will meet tomorrow on the lower eastside. We will do some walking for a few hours and then go to the show.

Today, I spent most of the day in bed. Later, I went for a walk. I needed to buy some razor blades. Since the weather was so nice, I decided to walk to a big retail store (think red bulls eye). I went to buy some razors to shave my head after I cut my hair. After seeing the photos from yesterday’s walking trip to Staten Island, I see I really need a hair cut. The woman was very nice, but I really had trouble getting her to understand that some people should not have close-up photos taken (I am one of them). I kept telling her that I really don’t like having my picture taken, but she continued to offer (and taking “natural” non posed close-ups). Later, I think I hurt her feelings when I refused to have my photo taken.

Once in the store, I just wandered the aisles. I always check out the DVD section first to see if they have any DVDs on sale. Since I bought a few DVDs a couple of days ago, I wandered the book section. It has been awhile since I last read a book. Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince and The DaVinci Code were the last ones I read (last year around this time). I loved both books!! A one two great combination! I was hoping for a repeat this time when I purchased the following:

The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis
The Broker by John Grisham

I also bought another paint by numbers. Why? After looking closer at the one I bought a couple of days ago, I thought I should try a real easy one. The first one requires paint mixing, and “touch ups”. The one I bought today, I only have to fill in the spaces, no paint mixing.

Returned to my shoebox, I ate leftover chicken with wheat toast. I also had miso soup with horensou mixed in (horensou is Japanese for spinach).

I have to stop. It is almost 3:00 in the morning. I really have to start back on my “school time” schedule.

Post Date - Tuesday, August 15, 2006 2:51pm