Tuesday, August 08, 2006

My vacation time is just ticking away. Today my plan was to go to the Laundromat and go to a mall (in Jersey City). But what did I do? Mostly, I slept and watched TV. I started off the day by uploading another group of photos to my other web site; that took about 2 ½ hours. Midday, I watched TV and made some popcorn. I had a can of sardines and toast for lunch. Lately, I noticed that I’ve been getting up later and later, with my day starting at 12 midday. And dinner around 6 or 7pm. Recently, my spare tire has returned. I used to think that eating only 2 meals a day would help me lose weight, but I’d forgotten that the body starts to store fat when it thinks that hardtimes are around the corner. Besides, when I only eat two meals, dinner is usually over the top in terms of portions and sizes. Starting today, I am going to try to eat 3 meals a day, even if it is a lite lunch like today. I should also start making more onigiris (rice balls) as a healthy alternative to snacking on junk food.

Having spent the last few days with a total outdoor time of about 10 minutes (only to get the newspaper), I really wanted to do something (remember my original plan). However, I had to settle on a quick walk around my neighborhood. I went food shopping for a few items, and I bought dinner from the grocery store buffet.

Back in my shoebox, my plan was to watch one of the new comedies that I bought a few days ago, but as I was trying to decide which comedy I would put into the DVD player, I realized that I hadn’t seen 3 DVDs which I’d purchased months ago. Sometimes, I am not good with money. The DVDs?

1.Van Helsing
2.Resident Evil
3.Constantine

DVD 1 and 2 were pre-viewed copies from Blockbuster (about $7.99 each). The Van Helsing was a new copy, but it also was on sale for about the same price. I like to buy (or rent) legal copies of movies. The illegal ones don’t have the special features.

I chose Constantine tonight. My plan was to watch the first half of the movie while I was rowing on my row machine, but I ended up watching the whole movie. I liked the movie, it started off a little slow, but I enjoyed it. I liked the alternative ending better than the one shown with the movie.

Well, it is late, so until next time…