Friday, August 18, 2006

Friday, August 18, 2006

Finally, a restful night. I managed to sleep the night through without the sounds of gnawing, and other rat sounds. I was still a little tired.

I went to my foster father’s place to check my mail. I was supposed to have received my teaching license yesterday. Since I had not received here in the Bronx, I thought that there might be a slim chance that it was mailed to my other address. It wasn’t. School will be starting soon, and I still don’t have any idea about my employment. I went for a walk along 125th street. I decided I would buy the newspaper and read it in the park. Since it was lunch time, I thought that I would also eat lunch in the park also. I went to Burger King. I ordered a whopper. I resisted the temptation to order a value meal. I decided to buy an orange juice in one of the local delis on my way to the park. After reading the newspaper in the park, I took the D train back to my shoebox/cell. I tried to call the Board of Ed, however, after an hour of trying, I was not able to get through. Each time I did not get a busy signal, I would get a 1 or 2 minute recording that would end with the question, “if I wanted to speak to a representative”, then I needed to stay on the line, only to be connected to another recorded message saying the all reps are busy, please try again.

I started painting one of my Paint by Numbers. It is okay, but I will need to go to an art store to buy another brush. The brush that came with the set has a very frizzy uneven bristle head. It is very difficult to paint inside the lines when the brush head does not come to a point. There is a big place on Canal Street that I used to go to many years ago. I’ll go sometime this weekend.

This evening I was planning to make some spaghetti with meat sauce, but Screamer got to the kitchen first. I settled on leftover spareribs, with a precooked rice pack from Japan, and miso soup with horensou.

This evening, I wanted to be finished with my rowing exercises, so I did not bother with the plastic suit. After spending an hour on the rower, I barely broke a sweat.

Well, let me post this entry and call it a night.

Post Date - Monday, August 21, 2006 3:48pm