Thursday, August 17, 2006



Rat Party. Not much to write about. I did not get much sleep last night. Either one mouse and one rat, or two rats were having a party under my bed. Details?

All week I’ve had noises coming from under my bed. And each day, the noises have been getting progressively worse. Originally, I thought it was a mouse but Mr. 40+ said that there is a rat in the house (actually two if you count the one he said is upstairs). I know there is at least one rat. I believed we had (or have) a mouse but now that a rat has gotten in, that rat seems to be trying to stake out his territory. I’ve heard in the kitchen cabinets and under my bed the sounds of an aggressive rat fighting and chasing either a mouse or another rat. I attached a photo of a rat hole.

Yesterday, I had had enough. I went to the store to buy rat/mouse poison. To insure that the poison would be eaten, I mixed in some of my salmon (with teriyaki sauce). All night long, I heard the sounds of running, chewing and chasing under my bed. The only thing on my mind was hoping that nothing had the urge to climb. This morning, I checked the poison area. Would you believe that the poison pellets were taken out of the pack scattered around, with barely a trace of the salmon that I’d mixed in with the pellets. It was like they had a party. I collected all of the scattered poison pellets, I was just curious to see how much had been eaten. When I collected all of the pellets and put them back in the pack, I measured the pack with another pack that was not touched by the rat(s); they looked and felt the same. From 9pm to 9am. About 9am this morning, I’d heard the last of the movement under my bed.

I just finished making barbequed spare ribs. Tonight, I will mix in the greasy meat drippings and some of the BBQ sauce with the poison pellets. I really hope that works. I have about a week left before I start working again. I really feel like a prisoner in a cell.

Onto another subject. Today I decided to finally cook the spare ribs that have been marinating for several days. I decided that if I cooked early, then I would eat early. When there are not leftovers, I will usually buy junk food, or eat late. Now, after I post a previous blog entry (sorry, I’ve fallen behind again), I think I will go for a walk around my neighborhood, and then I’ll return to make baked macaroni and cheese. I’ve also been putting off making the Mac & cheese for several days. Today will be the first time I try making about half of what I usually make. I have a bad habit of saying help yourself to the extra food I make, and my neighbors have absolutely no problem accepting my offer. the last time I’d made spaghetti with meat sauce, I had planned to make enough to last for 3 or 4 days, but Screamer (and her boyfriend?) ate more than half, leaving me only leftovers for the next day.

Well, let me post and walk. Until later…

Oh, if my dinner comes out okay, I’ll attach a photo. I might and to this blog entry, but I might not. I really have to stop going to bed at 2 in the morning. Lately, I been procrastinating with doing my hour on my rowing machine, until it is about 10pm, then I would do a blog entry, which would take a couple of hours to do. I have to go back to my 30 minute time limit.

Oh, one last thing. I think I will change the setting on my rowing machine to the next level up. I think my body has gotten used to level 3. Last night (with the plastic suit on), I barely, sweated ¼ of a cup. I miss the pints of sweat that I used to produce. Seeing all of that sweat encouraged me to continue. Without the sweat, rowing is starting to feel like a waste of time.

Post Date - Sunday, August 20, 2006 10:36am