Thursday, August 10, 2006


This morning, it sounded like there were mice (rats) in the kitchen having some kind of party; there was a lot of noise in the cabinets, and later behind the refrigerator. Also, the trash was torn up. I wasn’t in the mood to see a mice (and definitely not a rat), but beyond that, I pretty much just accepted that as long as I live here (with neighbors that can’t let a day past without leaving food for the mice, rats, roaches and flies.

What about the job front? I still have not heard from any of the places that I wanted to teach at. My plan was to maybe do the substituting thing again, hoping maybe someone will call. However, today I’ve (almost) come to the decision that if no one calls with a job offer, I will probably just get a full-time teaching assignment in public school. And with my luck, the minute that I take a teaching assignment, a call will come. That is what happened last year. After I left Japan (about a week after I returned to the US), I received a job offer. If I do take a full-time teaching position, then I know I won’t quit (no matter how much I will want to) to take a teaching assignment elsewhere. It just means I’ll be stuck in public school for a whole (school) year. Who knows? Maybe I’ll get lucky and end up in a very good school where the kids are not running wild. Anyway…
Not much to write about today. Again, I stayed in all day (except to get the newspaper). Tomorrow I am determined to go do something. I don’t know what, but I do know if the TV comes on, I will be sitting in front all day. I do know that I need to go shopping at least. I need milk, bread, etc…

Today, I wore my plastic sweat suit (which is starting to fall apart). I did not sweat as much, also the last couple of times I wore the suit, I noticed that I am sweating a little bit less each time. However, I seem to be going to the bathroom more. Today I was on the rowing machine for about 1 hour and 20 minutes, but I only sweated about half the amount I usually sweat. Although, there was still a sweaty mess to clean up. I also noticed I am not dying of thirst after a workout.

Finally, what is the photo attached? Originally, I thought I had nothing to write about. I thought I would only have 5 or 6 sentences to write about, so this evening, after I finished cooking my dinner, I took a photo to attach to my blog entry. I made bake chicken, yellow rice, and green beans. The blue cup is my summer mug; it is about a quart in size. Today, I filled the cup with water. I used to fill it with juice, but all that sugar was not helping me.

Around 3:30pm, I decided that if I went out for a walk (like I was planning to do), I would end up buying something outside like KFC.

Well, before I go, I just remember that I might go to the Brooklyn Botanical Garden. On the news, there was a report about a big giant “stink” flower. Unfortunately, I missed the report. But, I do remember the promo mentioning Brooklyn. I’ll just assume they were talking about the Botanical Garden.