Wednesday, August 16, 2006


A problem with a mouse. There is a mouse that seems to enjoy coming to my room. The mouse returned, and kept returning. I finally poured bleach into the spacing along the wall between the radiator and the wall. I thought that since they have a good sense of smell, the bleach might affect the mouse, but no, the mouse continued to keep coming back.

Today, I was up and out of bed about 11am. I decided to not eat breakfast, By the time, I boiled to water for the oatmeal and the green tea, it would have been about 12 midday. I would have turned on the TV, and not moved until about 5pm.

My plan was to shop for a small baking pan for baked macaroni and cheese. Since it was lunchtime, I decided to go to Taco Bell to try the new chicken burrito advertised on TV. The minute I saw it being made I knew I had probably made a mistake. But since I had already paid for it, I decided to try it. Since it was too hot to eat, I decided to take it with me (resisting the urge to throw it into the trash). Since it was a very nice day, I decided to eat in a nearby park. I also bought a juice, fruit salad, and a newspaper from a local supermarket. I was right, the Burrito was a waste of money, I ate about 2/3 of it before throwing the rest away. After reading my newspaper, I was about to walk to the big retail store I like to go to (think red bulls eye), when I noticed the top of the George Washington Bridge. I thought (without really thinking), oh why don’t I just take a quick walk over the GWB. The distance was much further than I thought.

When I finally arrived near the GWB, I had a little trouble finding the pedestrian walkway. I was told that only the South side (pedestrian walkway) was open so I looked, but I could not find the north way. I finally located the southern walkway. The walk across the GWB was about 20 minutes one way. Since there were signs saying no photos taken, I was not able to take pictures. I only took two before I thought I better not be seen taking photos on a bridge. I did not want to be mistaken for a terrorist. The first photo was taken at the start of the bridge on the Manhattan side; the other photo was of the view on the bridge on the Manhattan side. After walking across the bridge, I walked back to my shoebox. The entire walk was about 4 or 5 hours.

After I returned from the GWB walk, I went to the store for milk, juice and canned soup. Later, I watched a DVD while I rowed on my machine for an hour. I watched the DVD Resident Evil: Apocalypse. The movie was okay, not great, just okay. I ended up watching the whole movie.

Post Date - Saturday, August 19, 2006 12:25am