Monday, August 21, 2006

August 21, 2006

CAUGHT!!!
I caught a rat. I wish I could have said the rat, but I am sure there are more rats around. This rat was caught by the hole in the kitchen that leads to my room. The hole was already patched up (by the property owner's handyman) before I was able to take a photo of the hole. I am not sure where to start with this blog entry. Let’s start with today.

This morning started around 3am. I woke up early either because of going to bed at one (back to the irregular schedule), or I because I exercised around 9pm. I went to bed at 1 because I had wanted to write an e-mail – I was kind of hoping for a reply by the next morning. I knew it was a long shot, but I thought that I would try. My plan was to go to bed at 12 midnight, but once I got on the internet, before I knew it almost an hour had passed.

Once 3am arrived, I was wide awake. It took a while, but I finally fell back to sleep, only to be awaken by the sounds of gnawing, and screeching in the walls by my radiator. The rats were back. I could also hear them in the kitchen. I think the difference between a rat and a mouse is that rats are much noisier. I could hear the running, the screeching, and the rattling around in the trash. Mice, you really have to listen for their squeaks to know that they are around. Rats just make a lot of noise and seem to be far more aggressive.

After finally, getting back to sleep, I received a knock on my room door about 8am. Screamer wanted to tell me that the rat was caught. Although she told her boyfriend (she later told me) – he brought their cat in to see the rat. I guess since I put the trap down, the honor of disposing it was left to me. I was already in my “too tired to do anything moods”, so I knew I would spend most of the day in front of the TV. About 11:50, Screamer was at my door again; she had locked herself out of her room and wondered if I would help her. I volunteered to call the property owner. The property owner arrived in about 10 minutes; he did his “I don’t think I have the key” speech, but he must have needed to go someplace because he was giving the speech while the key was in the door. As soon as her door was opened, he was out the building. And Screamer? She wanted to talk about about a situation with another young lady upstairs. Apparently, when she was first locked out, Screamer had planned to go to a young lady upstairs, but when Screamer heard the young lady laughing with someone she (Screamer) was not getting along with, Screamer began to suspect that maybe they might have been talking about her. My conversation with Screamer lasted about an hour with her standing at my door.

After Screamer left, since I had not eaten breakfast, I heated up and ate the last of the macaroni & cheese and the spareribs.

On to yesterday (Sunday). I was planning to continue my blog from yesterday, but once I returned to my shoebox, I ate dinner, watched a movie, and rowed about an hour on my rowing machine.

Picking up where I left off from yesterday…

After spending about 3 hours on my blog entries, I left for the mall in Jersey City. Several weather reports said that it would rain, so I was expecting it to rain, but it turned out to be a very beautiful day. I really didn’t do much in the mall, there wasn’t a movie I really wanted to see. I basically just walked around and ate at Panda Express. I also bought a dinner take-out from Panda Express.

On my way back to New York, I took the New Jersey Path train to 9th street. Since the weather was really very nice, I decided to walk a few stations to get to the nearest D train station, so I would not have to transfer. I walked from 9th street to 34th street. There was some kind of Street Fair on 6th avenue from 14th street to 24th street. The weather was very nice, and there were not a lot of people at the fair, I thought it would have been nice to have someone to walk with, but I just continued my walk alone.

On the train ride (both going and coming) I read the John Grisham book mentioned in previous blog entries. So far, the story seems okay. It isn’t anywhere near the level of the Da Vinci Code, but it is okay. It appears to be holding my interest…for now.

While I was rowing, I was watching Batman Begins. I only watched the first half last night. The beginning was a bit soap operaish, but the story started to pick up in the middle. It is now almost 7pm, I have not been off this futon for more than 15 minutes, not a very exciting life. Now that I’ve caught up with my blog entries, I will post this one now, so that I don’t get backlogged too soon. Hopefully, I will be able to get out of my mood and do some rowing. Tomorrow, I really need to start figuring out what and where I’ll be come September.

\/
\/
\/

I was planning to post this entry this evening, but my computer froze, so I will try again now.

Well, since I am here, I can add a little more.

I did not exercise today. I spent the evening watching “Wife Swap – Meet Your New Mommy”. I did not want to start exercising at 10 or 10:30 because I probably would not sleep well tonight. Tonight, I am really going to try to go to bed by 12 midnight.

Oh, I can hear noise in the radiator in the corner I plugged up. I think another rat want to pick up where his friend died.