Monday, September 24, 2007

The results are in.

Today was an okay day. Everything just seemed to click nicely. Yes, I guess that would be the best definition...Everything just seemed to click nicely. There was stress and annoying aggravation, but relatively speaking, the day just seemed to click nicely.

Today, my day ended at about 3:15pm (after the kids were picked up). Even the one boy whose 15 and 16 year old brothers never pick up on time, today picked up their brother on time. Nice. I returned to my room about 3:20pm not exhausted, annoyed or stressed. I had my doctor's appointment at 5:30pm. Today, I felt comfortable with leaving the building at 4:00pm (even though I eventually left about 4:30pm). I was able to wash my chalkboard, up up the "DO Now", Aims, etc... on the board. And I got to clean off my desk. It was a nice feeling.

I arrived at the medical center about 5:03pm. I graded papers while I waited for the doctor. After about a 15 minute wait, I went in a got the results of my tests. Basically, everything was normal. The way the doctor was reading the results, I wasn't sure that he was talking about me. I remember the last visit, I had the feeling I was nearing a major attack. The look of shock at my blood pressure then was making me nervous about leaving the office. Anyway, the results came back normal in everything but blood pressure. Although BP was lower this time. I also asked for a printed copy of my results. I like the idea of having a paper copy of the doctor's report. I will now bore you with details of the results. Feel free to skim or change the channel.

Below are the results of a few of the numerous tests I took. Since I wasn't paying, I asked for all of the tests available. The first number is mine, the numbers within the parenthesis are the normal ranges.
Cholesterol - 162 (norm. 50-199)
HDL (good Cholesterol) - 45 (35-100)
LDL (bad Cholesterol) - 99 (0-99)
Sodium - 141 (133-145)
Blood Urea Nitrogen - 12 (6-22)
Hep. B. - 0.00 (0.00-7.99)

I also took tests for HIV, Hepatitis and Syphilis(all negative). At the time, I did not realize I had taken as many tests as I did. Oh, according the the tests results, I haven't taken a vaccine for Hep. B. The doctor asked me, but I don't know if I did or not. According to the doctor, my results show that I haven't be vaccinated against Hep. B. So, When I have to return in 3 months, I will probably have the vaccine.

Oh, x-ray results:

Chest - Hyperinflation noted. The rest, I didn't understand. The doctor said that there were typos, but nothing worth reporting.

Knees - Beginning of some arthritis behind the kneecaps. And tibial spine spurs around the kneecaps. Again, nothing to worry about. So, the doctor said. I guess I will have to take his word for it.

Well, that is it. I am tired. I want to try finishing grading my students quizzes. Soak in the bath, then call it a night. I know it is a long shot, but maybe I can get a double=dose of nice days.

Well, now I have no excuses. Starting next week, I will start attending the local Y here in Yonkers.


Post Date - Monday, September 24, 2007 8:57pm

No comments: