Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Today was relatively nice day. I wanted to get up about 5:30 to catch the the second train around my time. I usually catch the 6:53am, as long as that train runs on time, I will arrive at work on time. The next earliest train is the 6:26am. However, since I went to bed at 1:15am last night, getting up at 5:30 was a long shot.

I arrived at work at about 7:45am. I really didn't have much time to do anymore classroom set up. I managed to set up my copy machine.

I started with 5 students, it was very nice having a small class size, but I knew it would not last. I received 3 new students. My class register is now up to 20 students. Everyone was fairly nice (relatively speaking), however, I can already see the "handfuls".

I finished at 3pm. However, I decided to finish carrying the textbooks from the old classroom that AP2 originally told me to just forget them. It took about 15 minutes for me to move the textbooks. I wanted to leave school at 4:30 at the latest, but as you know, "old habits die hard". One, I was just too tired to move. Then, I wanted to do a bit more classroom prep. I managed to clear off my desk. When I don't have a place for things, I quickly get overwhelmed and start leaving things everywhere and forgetting where I put things.

I left school about 6:10pm. Since I had time before the next MN train, I was planning to eat dinner at Subway's restaurant, but the clerk was moving slow chatting with another customer, and there was another guy in the back talking on the phone. I was standing at the counter waiting for about 2 or 3 minutes, but the clerk didn't say anything like, "I'll be with you in just a moment", so I left. I ended up going to MacDonald's next door. I bought the Big Mac meal.

I am going to really try to be in bed between 10 and 10:30pm. Tomorrow, I will tackle the back table in my classroom. My plan is to tackle one corner each day until my classroom is put together(hopefully, without spending a lot of extra hours after hours). The other two third grade teachers had the right idea, they were both out of the building at about 3:30pm. I need to start following their lead.


Post Date - Tuesday, September 5, 2007 8:28pm

No comments: