Sunday, September 02, 2007


Today was the beginning of the three-day Labor Day Weekend, however, it was a workday for me. I was up and on the Metro-North by 7:30am. I was at the school by 8:30am. By 3pm (the time teachers were told to leave the building), I managed to put the classroom in relative preparation. For having only about a day and a half to unpack and rearrange furniture and about 30 boxes (with no help), I think I did an okay job. The other two teachers had help with moving their things and unpacking. Here out of classroom cluster teachers, are assigned pack mule duties. Since, I was resistant about moving my things from the old to new room, I was not offered any assistance. Since I can be a bit anal about doing things a certain way, I guess that worked out for me. I did have help with covering the hallway bulletin board by one of the teacher's assistant. She was the one who "politely and with all due respect" told me the "get off my ass, stop being lazy and start moving my things" from the old room to the new room. If you disagree with her for any reason, she will go into a "that piece of paper ( teacher's license) doesn't make you better than anybody" speech. Since the "lazy" comment, she has been a bit too nice.

At (about)three, I was out of the building, with my granny cart full on my way home. I arrived home about 5pm. I decided to go shopping for food, so that I am not doing it at the last minute. I took the MN one stop to Yonkers. I got on the checkout line at about 3:30, but it moved (as usual) slower than molasses. With only two customers in front (one was finishing up), I waited on line for about 15 minutes. By the time I got out of the store, I knew that I would not reach the MN in time to ride back, so I walked back home with a full granny cart and carrying an extra shopping bag. My total was about $90. After dinner (fried chicken and zucchini), I fell asleep. I just woke up. Now, I will shower then go back to sleep.

My plan tomorrow is to do my lesson planning for next week (including a homework sheet), the laundry, and cut my hair...things I would do the day before school starts. I told myself that if I finished my "To Do" list, then I would go to the Palisades Mall on Monday (Labor Day).

Post Date - Sunday, September 1, 2007 1:57am

No comments: