Saturday, September 22, 2007

This will be an easy entry. SLEEP. I just described my Saturday. I had various plans (all minor), but today, I just slept. I was up about 10am. I had cold cereal and a sandwich, soaked in the tub for about 45 minutes, and went back to sleep. I woke up again about 4pm, still feeling tired. I signed my new lease (one year). My rent will be going up in November...Lucky me. I dropped off my lease and walked up the hill to the nearest corner bodega for a newspaper. I was planning to buy some broiled chicken from the Chinese takeout place, but I wasn't in the mood for the welcome (from the customers). Some kid (mid to late teens) was standing at the counter as if he was waiting to order. When the young lady behind the counter ask the kid if he is ready to order, he tells her he is waiting for his food. After practically breathing on the kids neck (for a minute maybe two [wondering why he is not moving]) and politely saying "excuse" me, I get the annoyed look as if I was doing something wrong. Next, just as I was about to order, the young lady behind the counter calls out an old guy's order of beef with broccoli, but the guy is not happy. They put his order into the little paper containers, instead of the foam takeout tray. If you get the tray you get more food, at least I think so...and apparently so does the old guy. The young lady behind the counter didn't want to give the guy his money back, she would only offer to put the food into a foam tray but still charge the same amount. This "customer welcome" gave me a bit of a flashback from last night. Last night, when I came to the same place, some customers were blocking the door. And somehow, a big goofy looking guy with a granny cart (filled with books)was inconveniencing the people blocking the door. Today, and last night's flashback turned me off to ordering anything. I guess that is good, I really shouldn't be ordering greasy fried food anyway.

Well, it is dinner time, I will microwave some frozen precooked chicken and rice, or maybe I'll zap a Healthy Choice meal. What I should be doing is filling in the gaps (in my planbook) for next week's lesson plans. I also need to look over the new science materials that I have to now teach from. And like most of the other curriculum programs, they (the material developers) felt that putting everything into one book was not necessary. To get an idea of what I will have to teach in science next week, I had to bring 2 textbooks, 3 workbooks, and 2 CDs. And no, I didn't bring all of the components home.

I better get off this computer, as you can see, I just spent about an hour online that I should have been doing lesson planning.


Post Date - Saturday, September 22, 2007 6:21pm

No comments: