Thursday, August 16, 2007

Hello. It has been a while. Reason? I just got tired of writing same as yesterday. Also, I think I have been having an allergic reaction to the dust in my apartment. Last week, it got so bad, I had to leave the apartment. It felt as if my chest was tightening up into a fist. Luckily for me, the "fresh air" outside helped me to feel a little bit better. After returning, I cleaned up my bedroom. I washed down all hard surfaces including the floor. After the cleaning, I felt even better. Over the past few days, I have been getting rid of the trash that have been sitting around for months. In the bedroom, I had winter clothing that had not been put away. I had not used my dressers in months. My routine was to put the clean clothes into the moon chair (or pocket chair). In the living room, I finally cleaned off the futon/couch, I have not been able to lay on it in months. Once I realized that it might be infested with dust mites, I panicked. I threw out the old futon mattress and bought another one. Today it arrived. I stopped off at Target to buy a mattress cover. I wanted the one that said "barrier to dust and dust mites", but it was not available in the full size, so I settled on the vinyl cover.

Today was the last day for my professional development art class. We only stayed for an hour. The instructor collected our "homework assignments". Some students brought cake, fruits, and snackes for an end of the course party. Strange. Since I had already eaten lunch at Subways (and I did not bring anything), I did not eat anything. I just read the free newspaper.

After class, I walked to 72nd street. Before taking the Metro-North to Yonkers, I stopped at Target. After the new futon mattress came, I carried the old mattress to the dumpster behind the buildings. I was too tired to unwrap the new mattress, so I decided to post a blog entry.

Other items. No exercising for this week. The chest-tightening intensified over the days, and culmanated on Sunday of last week. I decided that I would need the doctor's appointment that I have tomorrow, it put me in the exercising mood. I was also nervous about going to the gym, having written that I was feeling okay, when I wasn't.

A couple of items on my wish list. I plan to buy another laptop for use in my classroom. Part of the problem with the piles of work that I bought home, was the belief that that I would be able to grade and type up assignments at home. With a computer at school, I would be more willing to put students' grades into the grading program sooner rather than waiting until the work piles up. I do have four computers in my classroom, but the kids have access to those computers. I want to hook up my computer to my copy machine. My copy machine also functions as a printer, and a scanner. This time, with the stupid and dirty notes start getting past around, I will be scanning and sending it to parents at work...maybe.

I also plan to get a reclineer. I have been wanting one for a few months now. I almost bought one yesterday, but luckily, my showed some self-control.

Let's see, I think that is about it. Oh, wait! One last observation from yesterday of a woman and her daughters (Princess 12 and Princess 16). Yesterday on the Metro-North ride to NYC, this clutch of chatterboxes made sure the whole train knew their business. A clutch is a litter of lizard (and dragon eggs). Clutch came to mind because I am still reading Dragon Avenger about a female dragon.

First up was the conversation between Mother and Princess 16 talking as loud as if they were the only ones on the train. They were going on a cruise and mother and daughter played 20 questions about the trip...what time are we returning from the cruise...Where are we going to stop on the cruise...are we going to be on the cruise ship the entire time. And mother dutifully filled in all the answers leaving nothing out. The man sitting one row in front of me, got up and moved to another car. When the conductor came, first mother did the "how do we get to such and such place". Then she gave up, and just blurted out, "we are going on a cruise, then proceeds to give a detailed list of their iteniary. Then the conversation shifted to Princess 12. She left her ipod, and she wished she'd bought her ipod. Then, she wanted a new ipod. And again, mother dutifully provided an annoying amount of dialog...so do you want American Girl (I assume it is a doll). Okay, I'm going to give you the American Girl for your birthday... that will be your present for your birthday. And then, yes, she repeats that several times. Then, mother changed the "present" to a MP3 player. Princess 12 wanted another ipod, but Princess 16 chimed in to remind mother that Princess 12 already has an ipod. Princess 12 chimed in that it is broken, but Princess 16 reminds P 12 that she(P 12) recharged it last night. According to mother, P 12 just wants expensive things.

I only gave you a rough summary, there was a lot more that I did not feel like retyping. To put it simply. They just didn't shut up. They're gums kept flapping while the train kept tracking (moving).

Post Date - Thursday, August 16, 2007 4:27pm

No comments: