Thursday, August 23, 2007

Wednesday
Today was a day of annoyances. Well, after playing with my Playstation, I am now going to try writing a quick entry.

Today, was my appointment for my x-rays. I was up about 8am. Since I had not showered or bathe in days, skipping a bath was not an option. Unfortunately, I stayed playing solitaire until about 9:45am. I was in the bath (I still had water in the tub because I never got into the bath when I'd planned to yesterday). I finally got in the bath about 9:55am. I was in, out, dressed and ready for the Metro-North train. When I arrived at the station, I was on the usually off-peak schedule (one per hour), but the train was still on the rush hour schedule. I had to wait for the 9:50 train (there was not a 9:29 train). Luckily, the medical center was not far. I arrived with a minute to spare. I have a problem with time. I like to know the exact time to be somewhere. Unfortunately, once I know the exact time, it is difficult for me to change my travel patterns. As long as the trains are on time, or at least operating on a regular schedule, then I arrive on time. I knew it would take about 40 minutes to reach the medical center.

The x-rays were uneventful. I was told to call them in a couple of days for the results. I am going to ask for a written report. I will feel more comfortable with some kind of written report, than a vague telephone call, that I won't remember a month from now.

After, the x-rays, I decided to head over to my school to start getting my classroom together. I hopped back on the #1 train and took it to 125th street. Since it was lunch time, I decided to eat lunch at the Subway's on 125th street and Broadway. I settled on the hot pastrami 6in sandwich. I was a bit annoyed that they did not have a couple of my regular ingredients. I forgot to buy a water to drink with my sandwich, so I bought a low-fat strawberry milk . I ate in the restaurant. I was about to drink the strawberry milk that was supposed to have 2% milk. I was shocked and annoyed when I took the time to read the label. I thought I was at least drinking a little bit healthy buying the strawberry 2% milk.

Would you believe that milk had 300 calories and 45 carbohydrates.

That so called "healthy kid's choice" had almost the same amount of calories as half of a greasy hamburger. I was annoyed that the milk had so much calories, so I threw it away.

After lunch, I walked to school. I arrived to find out that no one was there. The custodian told me that admin. would not arrive until a day before the teachers are supposed to arrive. It annoyed me that I had an opportunity to come a little early and I would not be able to take advantage of the motivation. I arrived with pride that I was being a good teacher, but I left feeling stupid and having wasting my time. This is a school that seems to thrive on last minutes. Last minute decisions, last minute preparations, last minute notification...I think you get the picture.

On my way home, I stopped at the Bronx's Target store to briefly look around before it was time to catch my train. I got off in Yonkers to buy some skim milk and orange juice. My blood pressure medicine recommends taking a glass of orange juice with the tablet. I also bought some chicken and wheat bread.

When I got home, I watched the afternoon court shows on TV. Then I decided to hook up my Playstation 2. I decided to bake the chicken while I set up my PS2. It took me about 30 minutes to get the game to start. I tried God of War II. That game was way, way over my head. When it takes someone 5 minutes to decide what sandwich to order, that video game was not the best investment to make. I was doing so poorly on normal setting that after the 10 or 15th time dying, the game stopped and asked if I wanted to try an easier level. I tried the easier level, and...the result was the same.

After a couple of hours, I decided to take a break from the video game. Unfortunately, due to playing the video game, I burnt my chicken. It was still eatable, just a bit burnt around the edges. I microwaved some rice and spinach with my burnt chicken. After dinner, I watched some TV. I watched an interesting program on PBS on the rise and fall of Islamic Spain. It was very interesting. It wasn't until college, I learned that Spain was invaded by Muslims from the north of Africa. This show provide much more details that I received in college. In college, I got the impression the Muslims were in for a few years and then they were kicked out. According to the program, the Muslims were in Spain for thousands of years. Their presence affected the food, culture, and even architecture. Very interesting!

After the PBS program, I decided to briefly try my Fantastic Four PS2 game. The FF game was more my speed. It gave you a task to do as opposed to fighting your way out of a corner. In the God of War game, I spent most of my time fight walls, running into walls, and getting swatted against the same walls for most of the time. Oh, and the game is a bit violent. When I bought the PS2, I depended on the store clerk to recommend a title. Considering the clerk was most likely a 20-something kid, I should have known better.

Well, it is late. I better go.


Post Date - Thursday, August 23, 2007 1:42am

No comments: