Saturday, August 25, 2007

Saturday
One more free day to go. Today I went to a teacher's supply store in Brooklyn. I was planning to leaving about 9:30am and arrive about 11am, but I was slow getting started this morning. I ended up leaving my apartment at 12:30pm. There was track work going on, so instead of about a 90 minute travel time, it took about 2 hours to arrive in downtown Brooklyn. My plan was to go buy a couple items at the supply store, then go to the transit museum. I ended up staying in the supply store for about 2 1/2 hours. I ended up spending $171.11. I really did not want to spend anything until I knew for sure what my class and grade would be. However, instead of buying just a lesson plan book, grade book, and bulletin board borders (my original shopping list), I bought much more. I got about 3 or 4 really good books for lesson planning, homework planning, and rubrics. Last (school) year, rubrics was something I did not give much attention to. This year, I planned to be better than I was last year. If I don't get third grade, I will be stuck with the books because the store does not give refunds for books.

After digging my debt hole deeper, I stopped by my father's place to visit and picked up my mail. The bill from my new Target credit card was there. I was expecting about $200 dollar bill, but I was surprised with the almost $400 bill. That is until I remembered buying the Playstation and other items on impulse.

On my way home, I walked to 125th street to take the Metro-North. I did not feel like traveling to the Marble hills station (a 20 minute walk to the train station then a two train[a 10 minute walk and elevator ride between the two trains]. The one-way trip was $4.25[just a 12 minute walk to 125th street]. I bought dinner at a new Japanese fastfood restaurant. It looked like a slightly upscale version of the ubiquitous Chinese takeout restaurant. After I returned home, I ate dinner and showered. I watched a little of PBS.

Tomorrow, I think I will go to that Mall I mentioned in a previous blog entry (the one near Tarrytown).

Well, tomorrow will be my last day of vacation. I have not been in the best of moods these last few days. I am a bit disgusted with myself. All of the materials that I bought home from school have been sitting by the front door untouched, and now I have to drag all of that stuff back, just like ol times. I had two months to organize those papers, but in the end, they just sat at the door waiting for me to bring them back to school and continue the cycle [putting off till the weekend all the work that should and could be done now, then when the weekend comes, not touching the materials until it is time to drag that stuff back]. I really can have another school year like that. Only time will tell if this (school) year will be different.


Post Date - Sunday, August 26, 2007 12:04am

No comments: