Thursday, August 02, 2007

Relapse. Both morning and evening.

Wow, today was a hot day, it was the first day this summer that I really felt hot. Yesterday was nice and warm, but today was hot.

I started off today with the plan of doing at least one online lesson, but once again, I had a bit of a morning relapse. I got online and didn't do much, but procrastinate until it was time for me to get ready for my afternoon class.

From the 10:30 Metro-North train, I arrived at 96th street at about 11:12am. I was reading Sword of Shannara. I was so into the story, I missed my stop. At 726 pages, that story has taken a long time to finally get interesting. Anyway, since I was about 45 minutes early for class, I decided to walk back a few blocks to the high school where the class is held. It was a nice a walk. Although I wasn't feeling hungry something told me the get something to eat, so I stopped at a nearby Subway's for lunch. I had the 6inch Meatball Marinara Sub.

I arrived to class a couple of minutes early, and the teacher was already there. He decided to dress for the weather. He wore baggy shorts and a white sleeveless T-Shirt. He had a fairly large tattoo covering a large part of his forearm. From the tattoo and the earring in his ear, I got the impression the teacher was having a bit of a midlife crisis. The guy appeared to be in his mid to late fifties, he even moved like a man older than his attire would suggests. The tattoo looked about a year old. The edges of the tattoo were too shape, for a graying guy with wrinkles in the grip of gravity.

The classroom was not as cold as it was yesterday, but it was still too cold for me. The woman next to me also put on her sweater because of the temperature. In class, we finished our stained glass projects, then the teacher introduced the next assignment, making a "surreal collage". About 2pm the teacher told us that since it was Thursday, we could leave "a little early between 2:15pm and 2:20pm". By 2:15, the teacher was standing in the front of the room with his backpack on ready to leave. I was again one of the last students to leave. I made a quick trip to the bathroom. By the time I returned, the teacher was locking the door and on his way down the stairs. I was behind him as he walked down the stairs that was when I noticed the difference between his attire and his body language. The way he walked down the stairs made me think he was much older than his attire. He could have had a lingering medical condition, or he could be older than the age I stated above. His movement on the stairs and outside seemed very caution and measured. However, in front of the classroom (when he wasn't sitting), he was in and out of the room several times (mostly on his cell phone).

Since it was early, I decided to walk to 125th street, and then take the train there up to the Bronx. While walking, the heat started to get to me. I knew that I should drink something. I stopped into a local pizzeria. On an impulse, I ordered a slice($1.40) and a Snapple($1.25). It had been a while (I think) since I last ate pizza (months if not a couple[2] years). After I finished the pizza, I ordered another one (along with another Snapple). My other relapse of the day. My old appetite returned. Oh, I almost forgot, while I was eating, one of the workers started to clean the windows. In seconds, the smell of Windex was everywhere. Since Spanish was the primary language spoken and I was just about finished, I didn't say anything. I just left quickly.

I continued my walk to 125th street, and from there, I arrived at the Bronx about 3:45. I had time to stop off at the Target store to go to the bathroom. The next Metro-North train was an express at 4:08pm. I got off at the Yonkers station and walked the rest of the way home. I briefly stopped off at the Yonkers DMV (Dept. of Motor Vehicles). I never changed my address on my driver's license, so I went in to see what I would need to do. One look inside, I decided to do the address change by mail.

I arrived home about 5:05pm. I did not even bother with trying to do some rowing. My third relapse of the day(no exercising). I was soaked with sweat from the heat and the walk, so I just jumped into the shower. After the shower, I layed under the fan for a few minutes, then went to watch TV. I watched TV for the rest of the evening. For dinner, I had the low sodium beef & vegetables with a couple of slices of wheat bread. I chose the beef soup because lately, I haven't been eating the potatoes and carrots (mostly drinking the broth and picking out the beef pieces). However, I ended up eating everything. For dessert, I ate about a pint of lemon sherbet.


Post Date - Friday, August 3, 2007 12:06am

No comments: