Monday, August 06, 2007

I finished my online course. I am glad. Not much to write about. Another lazy day. After finishing my course, I played Solitaire on my computer. I baked chicken legs with the plan of letting them cook while I did my online course. The stove was on a bit too high, so I the chicken was a little overcooked. Since the chicken was ready, I had a couple of pieces for lunch with plain wheat bread slices. I finally decided to walk up the hill to get the Sunday papers (Daily News and the NY Times). I ended up walking to The Shop-rite in downtown Yonkers. I should have brought my granny cart, but I was too lazy to go back in the building, even though I'd just left. I told myself that I would only be getting a couple of newspapers. I ended up getting a gallon of 2% milk, 2-half gallons of orange juice, some luncheon meat (turkey), mustard (and ketchup). I walked back home. Once home, I had my (slightly overcooked) chicken, green beans, and some pasta salad I bought from the store. I washed the dishes that have been in the sink for a few days. And read my newspapers. I am not sure why, but I started getting a headache sometime after I ate dinner. It should go away by tomorrow. After watching the evening news, I got online.

Yesterday while surfing the Internet, out of curiosity, I searched for locations of Panda Express. I've only been to the one in Jersey City Mall. Since I've moved to Yonkers, I have not felt like traveling Jersey Mall. Anyway, while searching for other locations, I discovered another Panda Express restaurant a little bit further North. After a bit of frustrating searching -- this time none of the so called "travel planners" were very helpful. Maybe the throbbing of my head affected my concentration. Anyway, I gave up on the travel planners and figured it out on my own. If I understood the location correctly, travel to this new mall won't be very difficult. Metro-North to Tarrytown station($3.25), then I transfer to the Tappan Zee Express bus($1.50). $9.50 round-trip. About 1 hour travel time one way by public transportation. 30 minutes by car. Zipcar here I come.

I also did a search to see what kinds of stores were available at Palisades Center (BJ's, JCPenny, IMAX, Lowes Theater, Barnes & Nobles, Target, HomeDepot, an ice rink, Staples, Circuit City, CompUSA, Sports Authority, and others, but my headache is getting to me.


Post Date - Monday, August 6, 2007 1:08a.m.

No comments: