Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Grilled or Fried...Not a big difference

A quick entry...I hope. Of course there was no repeat of yesterday. Even with half the class gone for much of the day, I was still stressed out.

Starting with another (approx.)4 hour sleep, this time I woke up feeling it. I was slow to get started, and rather than even try to run for my train, I just decided to wait for my late train. I arrived to school with about 5 minutes to spare thanks to the taxi ride half the way there.

I'm tired, so I'm going to go with a shorthanded summary:

About half the class was eligible for a free trip leaving me with about 10 students.
A visitor with a few days suspension from his school ruined my day...for the couple of hours he was with me. Within about 20 minutes, he was being disruptive, loud, and aggressive with my students. He banged, he shouted, cursed, and threatened my students. Finally, I just had enough. I was lucky that one phone call to AP1 and the student was gone. But the damage was done. After lunch, the computer/tech guy said that I could bring my small class to his computer lab. However, about 15 minutes was wasted on petty bickering and near fights on who started what. Partly the visitor, and partly the hot weather, I was exhausted.

I planned to be out of the building at 4pm, but when I'm too tired to move, I wasted a lot of time shuffling papers from here the there. Before I knew it, it was 5pm, and before I knew it, I was leaving at 5:30pm. My plan was to do my copying at Staples to get out of the building. $24 worth of copies later, I stopped at KFC to try out their new grilled chicken. Once home, I reheated the KFC dinner. I wasn't too impressed. Partly, they were out of the pieces I wanted. Partly, my day was just too long. After my successful (beginning apartment cleanup), I told myself that I would leave school about 4 or 4:30pm to go food shopping. I didn't leaving at the planned time, but I did decide to follow through with the shopping plan.

After returned from shopping, I had one more errand to run. I went to play the lottery. Normally, I'm not really a gambler, but lately, I've been playing the Mega Millions Lotto. I guess you can figure out why. Maybe I'll get lucky. It would be nice to quit on the spot, but knowing the kind of person I am, I would probably continue working to finish the school year.

Until next time...


Post Date - Tuesday, April 28, 2009 11:48PM

Well, I better go. Tomorrow is another day.

No comments: