Thursday, April 30, 2009

A Reason Why...

Today was an okay day. I woke up tired, so once again it was a slow start. I didn't even try to catch my regular train. I had a breakfast drink and a breakfast cereal bar. I'm glad I went the store yesterday. Usually, my regular breakfast (when I'm not too pressed for time) is instant oatmeal and green tea. However (lately), I haven't even had time to boil the water, so I've been waiting until I get off the train to buy cake or something on my way to work. Yesterday I'm hoping these "breakfast" items are relatively healthy.

Today was a better day than yesterday, but there was a strange incident. A woman came to the classroom to pick up her niece. Well, the school policy is that each child has to be signed out in the main office so that there is a record of who picked up a child(and when). It sounds reasonable.

For whatever reason, the aunt felt she did not have to follow that rule. First her reason was she wasn't going to go down and come back upstairs. Then, she didn't want to sign her niece out, and wait for her niece in the office. She was very, very polite, but in that, "I'll do whatever I damn well feel like, and you're not going to stop me". How did I know? Her statement, "I'm taking my niece, are you going to stop me". There are a few pieces of information, I'm probably better off leaving out(nothing major). I just felt like venting.

I left the school about 5PM. I had Chinese takeout for dinner. I was out like a light soon after eating. Strange part, I don't even remember the time between eating and falling asleep. I woke up about 11:30pm.


Post Date - Thursday, April 30, 2009 2:23AM

No comments: