Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Spring Break - Day 6

Another fairly unproductive day. But then, I'm sure you knew it would be (those who are regular readers).

Today I did try to not return to bed after eating a couple of bowls of cereal. I also started cleaning my living room. Not much but I did at least start cleaning. I'm missing one of my shelving units (brought to school), so I was trying to organize one of the two I have at home. One shelf unit contains all of my fantasy, sci-fi books, and comics. The other shelf unit will be for school related material.

Around 4:30pm, I went to the library to get my 1040EZ tax form. For some strange reason I do remember getting one. While I was out (only planning to get the tax forms and return home), I decided to sign up for membership at the local Y. Well, they told me that they only provided boxing for kids. Or, they provided something called "white collar" boxing. I didn't like the sound of that. That sounded like a weak substitute for the real thing. They told me the guy in charge of the "white collar" boxing program would be available at 7:30pm. So of course, I didn't sign up. I also looked closer at the membership fees. In the past, I've signed up for the "preminum" membership ($450) for a one year membership. The only difference between the "preminum" and the "full" membership is access to sauna and the steamroom. I've never used the steamroom, but I like the sauna. Oh, and the "full" membership is only ($220) per year.

So, what now? I told myself to forget the sauna. I'm going to try to find the boxing gym number I found a few months ago. It is about 30 minutes from work. I'll visit and see what the place is like.


Post Date - Tuesday, April 14, 2009 9:59PM

No comments: