Tuesday, April 28, 2009

A Quick Bit

This has to be very quick. Today was a good day. It has been a very long time since I remember having a good day (not due to being on a field trip). Anyway my day ended with me smiling -- Except when Ms. Across the Hall on her way out the building told me that she lost my umbrella. Another piece of good today was Admin 2 approving of all my trips. Combined with trips already planned, 3rd grade classes will be going on about 9 field trips. I wanted to have at least a trip per week.

Anyway, back to my quick summary. I was out of the building about 4:30pm. The weather here was great! I arrived home about 5:30pm. I ate a Healthy Choice meal then went to do my laundry. I was expecting the laundry room to be empty, but I was wrong. A couple of ladies also had the same idea. And apparently also allowed their weekends to go with the laundry piling up. While my clothes were being washed, I started cleaning up my apartment. I started with the recyclables that have been piling up in the kitchen. I had about 8 empty 1 gal milk containers. Since I drink about 1 gal per week, I guess you can get a good idea of the last time I dumped the recyclables (that includes newspapers, and cardboard from cereal boxes). I was thinking about taking a picture, but I came to my senses. I also finally got rid of my old printer and a 30 gal bag almost full of shredded paper. Finally, I cleared out the hallway of my apartment; I've had books and papers piled there for the longest time. Now for the first time in a very long time, I can walk the hallway without stepping on or over school materials. I have a bad habit of lugging tons of stuff home only to drop it at the front door and not touch it again. After dumping the bags of trash. I decided to take a bath. Another rare thing. After cleaning the tub and filling it, I decided to wash the dishes that have also been sitting around for the longest time as well. I soaked in the tub for almost an hour (mainly due to reading a few chapters of Sword of Truth Book 3 - Blood of the Fold.). I watched the 11PM newscast.

Well, that was my day. Oh, did I mentioned it started with only 4 hours of sleep. However, for some strange reason, I wasn't tired at all today.

I hope tomorrow is another good day.

Oh, and while I was cleaning, I found my prelabeled 1040EZ tax forms which I would have swore I never received.
Post Date - Tuesday, April 28, 2009 12:57AM

No comments: