Monday, June 25, 2007

Another lazy weekend. Saturday, I slept the day away...I barely remember having a Saturday. Today (Sunday), it took me awhile to get started. Knowing that my paperwork (students' report cards reports etc...) did not motivate me. Right now, my mind is on cruse control. I can't focus on anything. I get that way when I am over-whelmed. My only hope is a fresh start.

The same with college. I went from undergraduate straight to graduate school, but my mind started shutting down, as the paperwork piled higher, and higher. So then, I did what I usually do, I ran from the responsibility. In other words, I quit. Looking for proof of my past (Satisfactory) employment history, I came across my college transcript. It turns out I am 21 credits towards my Master's Degree. I think I need about 4 more classes to complete my Master's Degree. I think my plan will be to finish this Master's Degree(I don't even remember what the Master's Degree was in). Then start a taking classes for a Master's Degree in School Leadership. A lot of people have a couple of Master's Degree. It will look nice on my resume.

After the second Master's, then I want to try for a PhD. Although, if I do get a PhD, I won't like it go to my head...I hope not. One school I subbed at last year, there was a teacher who insisted his students call him "doctor so and so". He was just a regular classroom teacher, not even an administrator. Why go through the hassle of PhD work, and stay a classroom teacher? Strange.

Anyway, another boring day. I worked on report cards for most of this afternoon, then about 5:30pm, I took the Metro-North one station ride to Yonkers. I went to the bank, then my plan was to go to the 99 cent store, to buy a few items for classroom clean up starting tomorrow. I was suppose to have gone to the bank yesterday, but as I wrote, I slept Saturday away. I need to get single dollar bills for the conversion of "funny money to real money for the few well behaved kids that I feel bad for since I am not letting my students have a year-end party. From the bank, I walked to the 99 cent store, but the store was closed. I went to the imitation 5 and Dime store; I bought a few items there. After that, I walked over to Shop rite, to buy a few food items. Then, back to the Metro-North for a return trip home. After taking my shopping cart upstairs, I went back out to buy a broiled 1/2 chicken from the local Chinese takeout restaurant. I did not feel like cooking. I already had leftover rice in the refrigerator. I microwaved the leftover rice and frozen vegetables. Then I went back to my paperwork. I am on the computer now, to take a break from the paperwork, I was starting to fall asleep.

That's about it.

Post Date - Monday, June 25, 2007 12:25am

No comments: