Tuesday, June 05, 2007

I can see that my students will not finish this year on a quiet note. They intend to holler and scream until the very last day.

I could begin and end this entry with more of the same, and you would have a very clear mental picture of my day. Fights! Arguments! And a bit of wilding thrown in for good measure.

My day began with 5 or 6 "Sunday strollers" strolling in about 15 minutes late. And about another 10 minutes later, the "Spanish" teacher strolled in.

About 9:15, I took my students to science. "Temper Tandrum" decided to throw a temper tandrum. The students were supposed to line up in front of the science room door. I borrowed a lining up idea from a first grader teacher. She has her students stand one square apart. I won't discuss the logistic of that, so I modified her suggestion. Mine hall motto is to "skip a square when we stand". That avoids the He hit me, she's pushing me, etc....Well, "Temper Tandrum" decided that he wanted to tie his sneaker laces. I won't go into the "apparent" inability of the students to keep their laces tied. Usually, it is in the stairwell, when 3 or 4 students all have to stay behind to "tie their laces". When TT decided to stop right then and there to tie his laces, I told him that he needs to "find his square first" before he got out of line to tie his laces. His response, "wait a minute". Even explaining to him what would happen if he got out of line (hitting, grabbing etc..)Asking politely, was not working. My students often like to move when they feel like it. Since his shoe was such a distraction, I took of his shoe. TT, throw his temper tandrum, he sat in the hallway crying because I took his shoe. He said that he was going to tell his mother. Since TT volunteered to speak to his mother, I decided to speak to his mother also. Of course now, it was "Boo Hoo Hoo", I don't want to speak to my mother. I called.

About 10:00, when I went to pick my students up from science. The science teacher noticed that one of my students had ringworm. Soon it was discovered (and confirmed(by the school nurse.

I am starting to doze off. I will have to finish this blog entrykkkkkkkkkkk

No comments: