Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Half-Day. I was supposed to have a prep this morning, that would have made my half day better, but no, I did not get a prep period today.

Today was the half day for making the new classes for the next school year. I was expecting to get a better idea of the admin's plans for teacher placement. I mean, part of the logic is to try to balance out the high, mediums, and lows of the students. But also, it is a good idea to try to match students to teachers. So, how were the classes decided? One of the assistant principals came into the student caferteria to put down post-its on various tables. Teachers had to make classes according to groups "A", "B", and "C". We have no idea who will teach which groups. A "very, very tentative faculty placement sheet was distributed (about 4 or 5 only). The tentative sheet was basically the same with only one change. The UFT rep. (currently a kindergarten teacher) after being in kindergarten level for about 4 or 5 years, will "tentatively" be placed in the special ed 6th grade class...ouch!!! Oh, and a vacancy for a first grade class will be going to a stranger. I think the principal is trying to say something. Hmmm....

Oh, and the annoucement that the "very, very tentative faculty placement sheet is just a rough draft. "There might be more changes at a later date". Since that "there might be changes" statement was made several times, we can expect the new sheet will look very different.

After the reorganization, I returned to my room to put up the hall bulletin board. Why, with only about 2 weeks left? My students wrote their own poems, and I had them type it up. I thought that was worth putting up, even if for a few days.

I was out of the building about 6:30pm. There was a bit of a thunderstorm, but not much. Since I had missed the 7:47pm train, I decided to go shopping.I made a quick stop at Target to buy a bulk pack of soap. I then went to buy some milk and bread.

At home, I had Campbell's low sodium soap, and a couple of slices of wheat toast.

Time for me to end this for now...

Post Date - Tuesday, June 12, 2007 10:18pm

No comments: