Saturday, June 30, 2007

A slow Saturday. The beginning of my vacation started with a long sleeping day. I got out of bed about 10am, ate breakfast, and was back in bed. I woke up again about 3:00pm.

My plan was to go to Target to develop the photos that I will use with my rating appeal. Then, I wanted to buy an air conditioner. I also wanted to get my membership to the local YMCA.

Looking like I'd just fallen out of bed -- no surprise there. I was planning to cut my hair and shave, but I procrastinated until I just did not feel like going out.

For dinner, I baked the box of "Brown n Serve" sausages (8 links), microwaved a cup of precooked rice, and spinach.

Tomorrow, I will try my plan again. Now, I just have to decide which YMCA membership plan to get. I have a couple of ideas:

1. Pay by the month would motivate me to go. Being the cheapskate that I am, I would be more likely to go if I had to pay each month.

2. Basic 1 year Membership ($350). I thought that if I got this, I could also get adult personal fitness training sessions (5 sessions for $100). I am thinking that having a personal trainer would be a good start to really sticking with a fitness program.

4. Premium 1 year Membership ($450). The only difference with this and basic is that Premium includes use of the steam room/ Sauna.

The last time I had a 1 year membership at the Y (Harlem location), I got the Premium. I enjoyed the Sauna. I never tried the steam room. Oh, and Premium includes the use of a permanant locker. I am not sure the value of a permanant locker. I would not leave my sweaty clothes in the locker, so what would be the benefit of having a permanant locker. I am also trying to weigh the benefits of having 5 lessons with a personal trainer with having access to a sauna. That is my main decision, which would be the best use of $100:

A. Starting off a new training program with a personal trainer, or
B. Having access to a sauna during the stressful winter that is sure to come.

Decisions, Decisions...

Post Date - Sunday, July 1, 2007 12:17am.

No comments: