Monday, July 13, 2009

Big and Tall

Today I went to a local mall. First stop was the movie theater to see of anything was playing. I was in luck, Ice Age 3 - Dawn of the Dinosaurs was showing within 5 minutes. The movie was cute, I enjoyed it. I also liked the theater being only about 1/4 full.

After the movie, I did a quick price check on portable DVD players. Then, to my surprise, the restaurant Panda Express was back!!! Well, the name was changed to China Max, but everything seemed the same. Same workers. Same food. The only change seemed to be a more of a fast-foodish look with the display menus.

After lunch, I went clothes shopping at JCPenny. After about 45 minutes of trying to find something I could wear, I was about to call it quits with a pair of shorts and a single shirt. Then, on the way out I discovered their "Big and Tall" section. I've never needed this section before. Oh, for those of you who don't know me....I'm not tall. After my vacation, I'm really going to have to start exercising. I left about $98 poorer. The damages:

1 belt
2 shorts
2 short-sleeved shirts
2 Tee-shirts
I was going to buy my underclothing here, but came to my senses. I knew Target would be much cheaper.

Next stop was Target. I finished with a $267.65 hole in my pocket. My list:

1 pack of undershirts
2 pack of underclothes
1 pack of socks
1 Sony DVD portable player
1 3Yr. service plan for DVD player
5 DVDs
- Epic Movie
- Disaster Movie
- Eragon
- Spiderman 3
- Jumper

Back home, I ordered Chinese takeout for dinner (Beef with Broccoli). Now, I'm about to call it a night.

Oh, the Amazon company called me to tell me that the man purse would not be available until the end of July, so I had them cancel the order. I might go shopping downtown on Wednesday for a new backpack. As for my sneakers, I don't think they stink, so I'll be keeping them a bit longer.


Post Date - Monday, July 13, 2009 11:36PM

2 comments:

Max Sartin said...

Beef with Broccoli - mmmmm, one of my favorites.
As for the sneakers my rule is that as long as the soul hasn't fallen off, they're still good.

Jannx said...

Yes, beef with broccoli is a favorite of mine as well.

I'll have to remember your sneaker rule, it will help keep me out of debtors prison.