Friday, July 17, 2009

Old Habits WON'T Die!!!

Today, I was really out of it. I procrastinated to the very last minute. The day started with a 6:33AM call from my foster brother asking a question. That threw me off. I briefly dozed off, the went online to get the information he asked for. And as you know me, once on the computer, I become comatose. A couple of hours later, I got off the computer and...went back to sleep. I was then awaken by my foster father who wanted to point out the problems with airplanes crashing. And maybe I should cancel my trip to the west coast.

Since I was up again, I stayed up. I had laundry to do, and shopping as well. I finally made it downtown to finish some last minute shopping. I wanted a DVD case for my player. I also wanted a carrying case for my DVDs. I also bought a blanket and pillow. I was told that those are no longer provided by the airlines. Actually, the blanket is really for the bus rides coming up in the coming weeks. I can deal with a chilly airplane cabin for a few hours, but I really didn't want to be unprepared for the very long bus rides.

Aside from shopping, I also wanted to go to a cyber cafe to print out my airline e-ticket. Didn't I buy a printer a few months ago. Yes, April 2nd. It is still sitting on the floor unopened. Once school finished, I didn't bother setting up the printer since I knew I wouldn't be using it during the summer. Anyway, I thought I would be useful to go to the internet cafe and just print out what I wanted. Problem? With about 25 computers, they had them hooked up to a regular personal printer that wasn't working. So, after printing in e-ticket, nothing else would print. About 10min. was wasted with different staff trying to figure out the problem. They offered me a 15 minute credit for my next visit.

I arrived home about 11PM, and started packing. I was actually very impressed with the very neat job I did packing. Originally, my plan was to check one bag, carry on another (smaller) bag, and also have my backpack with me. Once I finished, I checked the airline website and discovered a liquid limitation. Liquid containers are supposed to be under 3oz in size and fit into a quart size transparent Ziploc bag. So, I had to dig through my bag a repack the second bag. Then, I tried to do an online check-in of my baggage. I discovered that there was a loose battery requirements, more digging and repacking. Then, yep, another requirement, baggage weight and length restrictions. After repacking again, I gave up and submit my online check-in. I have to pay an extra $40 dollars for my baggage check($15 for the first bag, $25 for the second bag. If I had a third, the fee would have jumped to $125). Problem? I still had my backpack and other items that are considered carry-on items, but wouldn't fit in my backpack. Finally, I decided that I would just repack my things yet again. Now, my backpack is packed in my smaller carry-on bag. Problem? Refunds have to be addressed at the airport. Needless to say, I'm not in a very good mood. I still haven't shaved or showered, nor clean some of the trash from my apartment. I don't want to leave dirty dishes or food trash in my apartment for the vermin to multiple in the dark silence for the time I'm away.

I stopped to vent on my blog, now that I'm feeling a bit better, I will try getting those things done. Bye for now. If everything goes well, the next time I post here it will be from the west coast.


Post Date - Friday, July 17, 2009 3:54AM

No comments: