Friday, July 10, 2009

Travel Prep.

Today was suppose to be my get away from the computer and do anything else. Well, I started to fall into my "locked in the seat mode", but eventually, I was able to get up. Today was also final day for rent payment, so I had to get up. After showering and dressing I was out about 4PM. From the rent office, I walked to the bank to deposit my tax refund and a check ($80) from jury duty. It has been about a year since I did jury duty. I never got around to cashing the check. As for my tax refund will disappear in a short time. (1), I spent my rent money with this upcoming trip. (2), There are a few more things I want to buy. I'm thinking about buying a portable DVD player. I'm not really a movie person, but it might come in handy while I'm traveling. My (approx.)traveling time is as follows(including layover time[in total]):

Plane
6 hours

Bus
Destination #1(16 hours[Layover -2hrs,15min])
Destination #2(34 hours[Layover -5hrs,20min])
Destination #3(15 hours[Layover -1hrs,30min])

As you can see, I'll have a lot of sitting time.

You know, since I planned this trip, I've never looked at the numbers. I'm still very excited about this trip, but looking at the above numbers are making me just a bit nervous. Looking at the numbers makes this seem a bit like a trial of endurance. Considering how much extended time I've spent in front of this computer (yesterday was 12 hours and the day before was about 10 hours), I should be okay. Oh, that reminds me. I was also thinking about getting a Netbook (a mini laptop). If I had a Netbook, I could breeze through the bus rides. The cheapest is about $300(not including taxes and extras).

Anyway, I've looked a couple of DVD players, I'll see next week.

I got sidetracked. My originally blog entry was suppose to included my observations of bad parenting of three different parents in the check cashing place I went to pay my ConEd & telephone bills. I'll just say it was a headshaker. The only thought that that kept replaying in my mind was that these kids would someday be "the personalities" in my classroom with the parents telling me how they don't know how their kids turned out the way they did.

Since I sat in front of my computer for the last couple of days for more than 10 hours each day, I did some walking. I also went grocery shopping. When I returned home, to my surprised, I cooked dinner. I haven't cooked in several months. Yep, several months. When? Probably the last time I posted a photo of my dinner here on this blog. So for the regular readers of this blog, the last time you remember seeing a dinner photo on this blog was the last time I rattled pots and pans in my kitchen. As I was cooking, I told myself that I wouldn't clean the dishes until tomorrow. Imagine my surprise when I washed the dishes and put the extra food away right after eating. I had pasta with a meat sauce. I added ground turkey meat with the jar of pasta sauce. After dinner, I downloaded more songs to my MP3 player. Did I mention in a previous blog of buying two new Napster music cards. Each card allows me to download 60 songs to my MP3 player. Well, I just finished one of the cards. Now, I have about 120 songs on my MP3 player. As I'm writing this blog, I am listening to my Napster online playlist.

You know, this blog was suppose to be about my Go Card & guidebook, but I completely forgot about them. Oh well, it's too late now. I'll just post a picture of the pair. Now, that I have them, I will be able to better plan my LA adventure...I hope.


Post Date - Saturday, July 11, 2009 12:40AM

On second thought, since this blog entry isn't about the ...skip it. I'll just post another picture from the internet. (12:45AM)

4 comments:

A Paperback Writer said...

But at least on a bus, you can stand up. And sometimes they make rest stops....
I love traveling, but I loathe the long airplane rides I have to take. (My usual way to Scotland used to be SLC to LA, LA to Paris, Paris to Edinburgh. Now it's a bit shorter with the new route: SLC to NJ, NJ to Edinburgh.)
I have a laptop that plays DVDs, but I usually prefer to read or write. I shove a couple of novels or biographies and notebooks in my backpack and I'm good to go.

Jannx said...

You are correct. The bus ride is longer, but it is an easier ride. I've done the long rides before (Japan was a 14 hour ride with no layovers). For someone like me who spends way too much time at home alone, the few times I come out of my shell is nerve-racking but exciting at the same time.

So, you enjoy reading and writing while traveling. Your screen name was very well chosen.

A Paperback Writer said...

The blog name comes from the Beatles' song, "Paperback Writer." I chose it because I teach English and I try to write novels.
Glad you like it.

Jannx said...

I didn't know the Beatles had a song called "Paperback Writer". Anyway, it does seem to fit you.