Thursday, July 09, 2009

Tornado !?!

There was a storm last night, just not the room cleaning kind. A couple of weather reports even mentioned that it might have been a tornado. So, did I use Mother Nature's fury to motivate me to start cleaning my apartment...No.

I was awaken about 8AM with the sounds of loud conversations about the storm last night. After taking a few pictures from my living room, bedroom, and kitchen, I had a bowl of oatmeal, and a cup of green tea. I was back in bed soon after.

Around 3:30PM, I was finally showered, dressed and out the door. First, I walked around my neighborhood taking pictures of the storm's damages. Next, I had to pay a credit card bills or risk paying yet another $39 late fee. Today, I made my last ($343)payment for that credit card; this credit card is now paid off.

After stopping off at the bank, I took the Metro-North train into the city. I was determined to find a Napster card. I also wanted to get a digital antenna. I miss channels 7, 11, 13, and 21. First stop was MacDonald's at 42nd street near Grand Central station.

I walked down to 14th street to get my Napster cards (I bought two). I didn't get the digital antenna. The clerk told me that it probably wouldn't increase my signal, so I passed on buying another antenna.

Next, I took the train back to the Bronx. With time to kill, I went to the Target store. I ended up buying some things:

a 28in duffel bag
a toiletry kit bag
Superglue to fix my mini shortwave radio (I found it yesterday)
a few other odds and ends.

Once home, it was a Healthy Choice meal for dinner than I was online downloading songs.

I'll attach a photo slideshow of the damages from the storm.


Post Date - Thursday, July 9, 2009 1:51AM

2 comments:

A Paperback Writer said...

Whoa. Quite a wind, there.
We had a tornado hit SLC in '99. Before then, no one believed a tornado could make it past all the mountains. But we had a genuine twister. I was up at the pioneer history village (mentioned to you in the e-mail), and I watched the thing touch down and wreak havoc. kinda scary.
Glad you didn't suffer any personal damage from this storm, whether it was a tornado or just a really nasty wind.

Jannx said...

It had been a long time since I've sat through a storm that shook the windows. I thought my mind was playing tricks on me when I heard sounds against the windows, it turned out to be hail and branches.

No, I didn't suffer any damages. Thanks! The strange part was a couple of weather reports that said it might have been a tornado, but never followed up. I'm just glad it's over.