Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Finished...Almost

I finally finished packing and cleaning my classroom. All that's left is to return tomorrow morning to pick up my personal materials. I'll attach a photo. All the items on the right of the photo are my things that I take with me each summer. I try to pack as if I'm not coming back even though I'll be back. I think this time I did a good job packing, stacking, and cleaning. All the items along the back are basically grouped by subject matter. My closets and cabinets are all cleaned and organized. Although it took me three extra days to finish, I feel really good about the job I did this time. However, only time will tell if my packing job was a success. I'll know at the end of August when I return to set up my classroom. If I'm walking around and procrastinating, trying to figure out what I should do first, then I'll know my packing was not successful. The way everything is group, I should be able to arrive in August knowing exactly what to do and how, especially if I put my classroom back in the same order as this year. Another thing I liked about this job was me being much more thorough with the packing aspect. Tomorrow, after my things are removed, I'll take another picture. I was able to pack everything. Nothing was left on the floor except the furniture. There are no lose books, papers, or manipulatives around. Everything was packed and grouped. I'm really hoping I'm feeling this pleased with myself in August. If I did the packing right, I should be able to unpack (and set up my room) in a single day. That would give me 6 days to go through materials for planning differentiated instruction. My goal next year is to make a greater attempt at differentiated instruction(among other goals).

Well, I better go. Tomorrow will be my last day in school and this chapter will be closed. My summer vacation will be able to start.


Post Date - Wednesday, July 1, 2009 10:20PM

No comments: