Sunday, July 05, 2009

Loving My Sansa Media Player

I'm loving my Sansa media player. The only problem I'm having now is having spent so many months sitting (hours at a time) tethered to my computer via my headphones watching and listening to YouTube videos. My body still reacts as if I'm tethered to the computer. Normally, I'm one of those people when I'm in a mood, I can play the same song over and over, but out of respect for my neighbors, I use a headphone so I'm not bothering my neighbors. So, how does it feel to be able to listen to music without commercials outside my apartment. It is okay, I guess. I did use the MP3 play on the train ride into NYC, but it was a bit unsettling to no be aware of what's going on around me. I had to keep taking off the headphones to check I wasn't playing the music too loud. I can't tell you how many times I've been annoyed by someone blasting their personal stereos so loud it could be heard in a train from 3 or 4 feet away. I was also a bit concerned about not being able to hear the conductor asking for the ticket, or the next stop. Although it sounds strange (to me), I might actually have some control issues. That idea just popped in my head. Another reason I'll probably only really use my MP3 player at home (and long commuting), I'll lose my only reading time, when I'm on the train commuting. Oh, and let's not forget about staying alert in public. It isn't good to not be aware of your surrounding when you are walking.

Wow, this entry turned into a bit of a rambling. I was only going to post my photos of the Macy's Fireworks Show. I'll do that next time. It is late. My living room is still cluttered with mounds of papers. I better remember to change the title of this blog entry. Oh, by the time I pulled myself from the computer, it was too late to go shopping for another Napster card or digital antenna.

I also need to submit my application to return to college to finish up my masters degree.


Post Date - Sunday, July 5, 2009 11:39PM

No comments: