Monday, August 11, 2008

Boxing Lesson - Day 5 & Coney Island


Today was another slow day. I was online for a few hours, then it was time for the gym.

Today my trainer seemed a bit more attentive. The first 30 minutes, I did exercises to work on my stomach. And my trainer focused on me for the entire time. After, I did 30 minutes on the punching bag. Lastly, since each of the treadmills were in used, I did 30 minutes on a stair machine.

My session was better than previous lessons last week, but my trainer does have room for improvement. He still didn't seem to understand the idea of weight training. He knows boxing, and he seems to know how to train a boxer, but doesn't seem to know what to do with a chunky client with no sports experience. I'll probably have to bring in my weight training book. I will also need to start charting my progress.

Yesterday, I went went to Coney Island. When I got home, I was too tired to blog about it, so I'll have to summarize it now.

I signed up for one of those group
Meeting time was 1pm.
I was 20 minutes early
Only 4 other guys showed up (including the host).
On the web site, about 10~15 people said that they would come (both male and female)
Although the weather report said there was a chance of rain, the sky was relatively clear. We waited for about 30 minutes for late comers, but none showed. Next, a couple of the guys wanted to go to Nathan's, but I thought that if I was going on the Cyclone rollercoaster ride, I should do it on an empty stomach. After the others ate their meal, it started to rain.The group decided to walk around the area. We also decided to visit a small museum about the history of Coney Island. The museum was only 99 cents. The museum was okay, basically, you got what you paid for. A single dusty old room, with a few broken items from Coney Island's past. After walking around the museum, and killing time while deciding what to do next (while the rain still fell on and off). An extremely boring, and bit strange lecture started about renewable energy and society's responsibility. After about an hour, we left. After walking around more, we finally ended the event. We all went our separate ways about 6pm. I took the train to 14th street to eat dinner at the Waverly Diner I've mentioned a few times. I like their service. I told myself that I would get serious about eating healthy and exercising on Monday, so this would be my last junk food meal in a while...I hope. I had a burger deluxe with onion rings, and a large orange juice. For desert, I had a slice of cherry pie and a walnut sundae.

After dinner, I went to the movie; I saw "The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor". I really wasn't impressed with the movie. I thought it dragged, and didn't really excite me. I thought of the movie as a fairly nice time killer. Basically, I watched with a consistant "this has been done before" feeling.

I was back home about 11pm.


Post Date - Tuesday, September 9, 2008 12:33AM
Completion Date - Tuesday, August 12, 2008 11:26PM

No comments: