Friday, August 08, 2008

Mall Walk & The Dark Knight


Today my plan was to take back the "chain store" boxing gloves I bought before I went to the sports store and bought the leather ones. To be honest, I like the cheap plastic ones better, but I think the leather ones are better quality.

I was up and out of my apartment about 1:40p.m. I walked to my bank to finally deposit my tax refund and my federal economic stimulus check. I also deposited a check for a missed prep period. From downtown Yonkers, I took the express train north so that I could go to the mall; I arrived about 2:30p.m. Once in the mall, the first thing I did was check the movie schedule, and to my surprise, the IMAX theater area was empty, and The Dark Knight was not sold out. I bought my ticket for the 3:30p.m. showing. Since I had an hour to kill, I went to Panda Express in the food court. After lunch, I went to Barnes & Nobles; I bought The Mighty Avengers - The Ultron Initiative.

After B&N, it was about 3:15p.m. I told myself that I should go to the IMAX theater early to get a good seat just in case. I arrived to find a line waiting to go into the theater. The theater was packed with only a few empty seats. So, how was the movie?

I liked the Dark Knight movie. I thought all of the actors did a very good job. The movie was 2 and a half hours long. I thought the script was well-written. Being a bit slow, there were parts that were a bit too fast paced for me to grasp, but I eventually caught up. It was a good movie. I liked the layering they did for the plot; it kept the audience guessing till the end.

After the movie, I headed over to the Target store. I bought a mini table top tripod. I think I'm going to try the visual motivator I saw on the internet. A guy took a picture of himself everyday for about 180 days (I think). The guy went from a chunky to a fit guy. It was interesting seeing the slideshow of the guy morph from flab to fit in just a few months. Sorry, I didn't bookmark the page, and now I can't remember how I found the page.

After Target, it was time to catch my bus. I was feeling in a good mood. I brought a so called "sundae" but since I couldn't remember what ingrediants went into the sundae -- the mall stall was charging about 61 cents for each thing added. The sundae was basically a soft cream in a paper cup. I also had 2 donuts from Dunkin Donuts. I told myself that this weekend would be my last for unhealthy foods at least for a couple of months.

I returned home about 8:30. I took the express train back to Yonkers, and walked the rest of the way home. I had to call my cell phone company to activate my phone. For dinner, I ate the other half of my Subway $5 footlong.


Post Date - Saturday, September 6, 2008 10:18PM
Completion Date - Friday, August 8, 2008 11:42PM

No comments: