Sunday, August 03, 2008

Henry Hudson Parkway Walk


The plan was to meet up with Vpal to walk along the Henry Hudson Parkway (the west side of Manhattan Island). The meeting place was at 145th street and Broadway (the point we stopped last week due to rain). The meeting time was 2:30p.m. I arrived about 15 minutes early. Vpal arrived about 1 hour late. Yes, one hour late. I would have left after about a 30 minute wait, but I'd forgotten to bring my cell phone. Our walk started about 3:30p.m. We walked along the greenway on the west side of Manhattan Island. This time I finally remembered to bring the pedometer (a electronic device that measures the distance walked). We walked to 14th street and 12th avenue. My pedometer said the distance we walk was about 7 miles; I later checked Google Maps and the Google site also gave 7 miles as the distance. By the time we arrived at 14th street, I was tired. We agreed to continue next weekend from this point. We would have gone further, but I stopped us often to take photos along the way. We went our separate ways at the A train station. I went uptown, Vpal went downtown. I read my DS9 book and managed to get a seat on the train. In the Bronx with about a 30 wait for the MN train, I ate dinner at Subway's. Since I will be starting my boxing lessons tomorrow...I hope; I told myself tonight would be the last day for junk food for awhile...again, I hope. I had a Subway personal pizza, 3 macadamia cookies, and a large drink. I returned home about 9pm. I washed out the tub from this morning's bath, so that I could soak my legs. While the bathtub is filling up, I'm writing this quick blog entry.\

The attached photo is a picture I took of the George Washington Bridge.

Post Date - Wednesday, August 27, 2008 PM
Completion Date - Sunday, August 3, 2008 9:46PM

No comments: