Friday, August 29, 2008

Tired of this and that

And it starts again.

Here it is Friday, August 29th at 4:14AM. I'm back!!!

I had a whole week to set up my classroom, and I wasted three days doing not much of anything but moving this or that. Thursday, while most of the other teachers were trying to get their classes back in order, I was right along with them, the only difference was that I was one of the very few who came in on Monday, but had nothing to show for it. What's the school's schedule for the two (official) days before school starts? Thursday was classroom day, with Friday reserved for all day staff developement.

How about lunch? Since I've been back, on Monday I had a Healthy Choice Meal, Tuesday, a turkey and cheese sandwich from the local bodega; and yesterday, I had a hamburger and fries with an iced bun. My face in a matter of days is already about to go into acne overload.

So why am I on the computer at now 4:23am? I arrived home about 7:00pm. I ate the last of the leftover spaghetti -- I bought a small jar of sauce on my way home. I dumped about half of the jar over the leftovers before zapping it in the microwave. I was too tired to do anything but eat and sleep. But, assistant principal 2 asked for a copy of my Goals for the Year sheet. I (think I) was the only one who had it typed, so she wanted to use a blank copy of mine as a template for everyone else. But instead of just emailing her a copy, I had to make it look just right. However, after about a couple of attempts (while fighting sleep), I logged off forgetting to email it. I went to bed (clothes and all) only to wake up about 4am to send it and shower. And maybe catch a 90 minute nap.

New Plan -- Time wasting professional developement and classroom set up. Which means this weekend will be lesson planning, and probably coming into class on Saturday to finish what should have been done by Thursday at the lastest.

No, I'm not in a good mood.


Post Date - Monday, October 27, 2008 11:22PM
Completion Date - Friday, August 29, 2008 4:33AM

2 comments:

Jeff said...

So how's your school year going so far, Jannx?

Jannx said...

Basically, more of the same. For some reason, the stress and the load of this and that, just keeps piling up. It seems like it is a careful juggling act where at any moment, it will all come crashing down.