Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Finishing the Henry Hudson River Greenway Walk

I accidentally posted "the Cloister Museum" blog entry before a couple of other entries (including this one).


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


The meeting time was 2:30p.m. I arrived about 2:10p.m. Vpal arrived about 2:35p.m. We started from the 14th street where we had left off from the previous week. The walk was okay. I wasn't really in the mood for a walk, but it was still an okay walk. Unfortunately, the photos really didn't come out that great. I thought the Cloister photos came out really nice, but there just wasn't a lot of interesting things to take pictures of. Everything seem to have one type of an obstical or another. When we arrived at the Staten Island Ferry Terminal, I told Vpal that since I missed his birthday, I would buy him a veggie burger meal at the local diner mention on this blog from time to time. So, we walked back to West 4th Street. For dinner I had the turkey burger, and Vpal had a veggie burger. I don't know why but the meal was not as good as it had been in the past. My turkey burger was a bit dry. Both the bacon and the bun were also hard and dry. After the meal, went our separate ways agreeing to meet next weekend for a walk up Broadway. In total we walked about 5 miles.

Once again, I missed the MN train, so I took the 9:04 express train and walked home from Yonkers (adding about another 25 minute walk).

When I arrived home, the first thing I did was to clean my bathtub so that I could soak in the tub so that I am not too stiff tomorrow to go to the gym.

The attached picture was taken of New Jersey on the other side of the Hudson River.


Post Date - Saturday, September 27, 2008 4:22PM
Completion Date - Sunday, August 17, 2008 10:50PM

No comments: