Tuesday, August 19, 2008

The Cloisters Museum


Today started about 9:00a.m. After breakfast of a bowl of cold cereal, and a relaxed soak in the tub, I was out for a day at the Cloisters Museum with one of my epals.

The meeting time was 12noon at the 190th street "A" train station. I arrived about 11:40a.m., my epal arrived about 12:30p.m. We walked through Fort Tryon Park to the museum. The suggested entrance fee was $20. I paid $15, and my epal paid $5. Later, I spent $2.75 for a bottle of water that would have cost $1 outside the museum. We spent about 4 hours walking through the museum. We left about 4:30p.m. The museum was nice, but there were a lot of people in the museum, which made taking pictures more difficult than taking pictures outdoors. At times, I had to wait 5 to 10 minutes just to get what I call a "clear" picture (meaning a picture without anyone in it). Some people were just oblivious to a guy holding up a camera to take a picture. Picture taking was allow, but flash was not. We could only take pictures without flash. I took about 116 pictures in and around the Cloisters. I will post a few of them in a slideshow at another time.

After the museum, we went to a local restaurant. I had a vegetable lasagna, my epal had a turkey burger with fries. For dessert, I had a piece of a triple layer carrot cake, my epal had a a piece of a chocolate mousse cake. After the restaurant, my epal said that she had to go, so we each headed home.

When I arrived home, at first, I wanted to try to do some exercising, but I was too tired. I only was able to do a few of the basic warm ups.


Post Date - Monday, September 22, 2008 12:10AM
Completion Date - Sunday, August 17, 2008 12:06AM

2 comments:

Jeff said...

This looks pretty sweet! Thanks for sharing your experiences.

Jannx said...

Thanks Jeff. I think the pictures came out nice, I'll post them at another time. I was amazed when I got home that from the dozens and dozens of pictures I took that some of then were okay to post on my blog. The surprises came with the choices -- almost all were either a last minute, or a rush, and that in a museum that was really packed, all of the pictures posted have no people in them.