Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Back to work. Today was okay. I was really trying to leave at 4PM or 4:30PM. Not much to write about. The kids seemed to be still in vacation mode, so I did not have a lot of disruptive behavior. Princess (the beads have returned) was up to her usual tricks, it was about 8:20AM when she started being disruptive. The day was fairly uneventful.

Oh, the second grade teacher across the hall had a bit of a "moment" in the hallway after school. She was feeling a bit overwhelmed that Admin was out to get her. I felt bad for her. When I first saw her (in September), I remember saying to myself that she had a very intimidating persona (about 5'10, full-figured, big voice, and a large tattoo on her chest). It was strange seeing that same person crying in the hallway upset and feeling that they(Admin) were out to get her. I didn't know what to do, so I just pretended to not see anything. She was talking to the union rep., so I thought the best thing to do was to keep walking.

The end of the work day. I was really aiming for 4PM, but I ended up leaving the building at 4:30PM. It was very nice to leave the building early for a change. I was back home about 5:30PM. I had a Weight Watcher's meal for dinner. Then, I read a couple of chapters of E.E. Knight's book, "Dragon Outcast". Now (nearing the end), it is getting more interesting(in a "I can't put it down" kind of way). I was a bit uncomfortable with the beginning premise, but I have been enjoying the book. Quick summary of the part that bothered me. A young dragon causes his family home to be invaded and his family butched, but the young dragon grows up to be a noble and successful dragon. I might be a bit old fashion but shouldn't the dragon pay for causing his family to be killed.

After reading a couple of chapters, I then read the daily newspaper. By 8PM, I was feeling tired, but I told myself that I really should get on my rowing machine. In order to make room, I shredded the junk mail documents that I had piled on th floor for the purpose of shredding. I finally got on my rowing machine about 9PM. I rowed for about 30 minutes. I was too tired to get in the shower, so I watched some TV before dozing off. Now, I have to shower, and call it a night. Hopefully, I will be able to leave the building early again today.


Post Date - Monday, February 15, 2008 1:20AM

No comments: