Saturday, February 16, 2008

Wednesday, February 13, 2008
Today was the school field trip to a puppet show. All grades from 3rd to 6th went to the show. Luckily, allowances were made for teachers to leave behind students. I had 5 students to leave behind. A couple of my students were left because their parents probably thought $8 was a lot to spend on a puppet show. Also, I had a few students who just did not show up to school. In total, I only had 7 kids with me (all well-behaved). No Drama. No rude mouths or behavior. No arguing. If I had a class of these kids, teaching would be a joy(with a lot more time spent teaching).

So, how was the show? I had a chance to get out of the building, so I'm not complaining. Unfortunately, I was rushing out of my apartment (as usual), and I left my camera behind. A part of me believed that I would not find anything interesting to take pictures of at a kid's puppet show, but I should have taken it anyway.

Quick Show Summary.
We arrived about 10am. The show was at a high school about a 10 minute cheese bus ride away. The cast was made of "professional" puppetteers, they had various (but not too many)puppets and stuff toys(a couple of puppets were recycled for different acts. In order to appeal to a wide audience, there were various songs ranging from Barney, to 80's songs. During one song, Teachers were asked to get up to do the Electric Slide(a popular 80's dance done frequently at weddings[according to Ms. Across the Hall]). I stayed seated. I think I've mentioned once or twice here on my blog site that I am living proof that not all black people having rhythm. There was also an opportunity for the kids to also get up and dance. I forgot what the song (or the dance) was, but it got a very positive reaction. Overall, I thought the show was cute. Not great. Not bad. It was nice. Ms. Across the Hall dozed off once or twice, however, she had no problem busting a move on the dance floor. I should have brought my camera. From now on, I plan to take my camera whether or not I even plan to take pictures.

The show ended about 11:30am. We were back at the school about 12pm. I'm going to skip the lunch time confusion for the sake of time.


Post Date - Saturday, February 16, 2008 5:27pm

No comments: