Saturday, February 23, 2008


So here I am. It has been a few days since my last posting. If you are a relatively new reader to my blog, then you are probably thinking about where has he been for the last few days. If you are a regular to my blog, then you know the answer. Not much of anything. Another vacation that has resulted in the same condition, hibernation. For the past few days, I've basically stayed home repositioning piles. Since Tuesday, I've been out once (I think), and that was yesterday evening. I walked up the hill to the local bodega to play the Mega Lotto.


\/

\/

\/

In case you were wondering....

\/

\/

\/

I didn't win.

So not much to write about. Basically, I am in the same position as previous "vacations" (mentally drifting from "pile to pile" running out the clock). Yesterday, I did manage to do a bit of cleaning. I tackled the bathroom, and I tackled a couple of paper piles in the living room. By yesterday evening, I got tired of piles. I decided to watch my DVD boxed set of the BBC's Office series. The original series that the American series is based on. So my opinion? I watched about 3 episodes of the 6 hours set. I think that is about half of the first DVD in the box of 4 DVDs. It is okay...I guess. The original is a bit more adult (a bit more explicit then the American version).

Moving on. I was supposed to go to the Board of Ed HQ to drop off paperwork on Friday, but since it was snowing outside, I told myself that I would just mail the paperwork on Saturday.

Well, today (Saturday) my plan was to fill out the paperwork and run to the post office, then I would return to the teacher's store in Brooklyn to by the supplies for the next bulletin board project, but well....

This morning, after getting out of the bath, my foster brother called me to ask if I was still interested in renting an apartment from someone he knows in the Bronx. Problem? I don't know how to say no. I spend too much time worrying about other people's feelings. Anyway, having mentioned a few weeks ago (when we met for lunch), that I was not sure about moving and...that I had just recently signed a new lease, my foster brother called wondering if I made up my mind about moving. End result, my probably turned into "let me see the place". So tomorrow, instead of getting ready for my return to work, I will be looking at a 2 bedroom apartment. The selling point is that the rent would be $200 less than the rent I am paying now. Problem (for more than one reason), I really don't feel like moving.

New subject. My plan to go to the Tenement Museum was tentative already -- I was really debating with myself about going or not going, but this "apartment viewing" solidified my decision. I have no one but myself to be annoyed with (for more than one reason). And being annoyed, just put me in a bad mood. Any plans I might have done today, were pushed aside, that was about 9 hours ago. I've been in front of this computer for about 9 hours. For dinner, I just threw a couple of Weight Watchers in the microwave. Most of that time, I spent reading the individual episode synopses from the various Star Trek shows (TNG, Voyager, DS9, etc...) See pure escapism. Since I don't drink (alcohol), smoke, or take drugs, my vehicles of escapisms are limited.

Anyway, after reading the synopsises...I went shopping online. Another form of escapism. I settled on ordering:

1. Twist of Faith (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine) 688pages (paperback)
2. Dream Girls DVD
3. Spiderman(animation) DVD


Also while surfing (and shopping), I found out that the third book in the Paonini Dragon books will be out this September(2008). Attached above is a photo of the covers of the first two books. Christopher Paonini is the author who at the age of 15 wrote the NY Times best seller Eragon (later made into a rather stupid looking movie[opinion based only on looking at the ads]). I visited a couple of web sites to see if the third book in the trilogy was available. I found out the kid decided that his third book was "too big for a trilogy", so he decided to split the third book into a two seperate books. Now, the trilogy is a series. I watched an online video of this kid (now 19), I don't know, but he sounded a bit full of himself explaining his decision to change the trilogy into a series.

I just did a search and the clip is available on YouTube:

Now you can judge for yourself. Yes, I will still buy the book. I'll probably have to reread one or both of the other two to remember the story details.



I also discovered that there will be a movie[Eldest] about the second book in the tri -- sorry, the series. Above is one of the movie trailers. The movie will be out Spring of 2009.

Oh, I will attach a picture of the third book. The title of the third book is
Brisingr (Inheritance, Book 3) Seen at the top of this blog entry. Brisingr according to the author means "fire".

Well, I think that it for now.


Post Date - Sunday, February 24, 12:27AM

2 comments:

Charlene said...

Was the book or the movie better. I think my 10yr old would love the book!

Jannx said...

Hello Charlene. Thanks for the comment. To be honest, it was a bit unsettling to be reminded I was reading a book that was written by a kid for kids, however, I do appreciate the comment never the less. As for the choice between the book or the movie, I have not seen the movie, but I would imagine the book being better.